Health, life and disability benefits
Employees | Military employees | Time Bank | Income protection | Retirees | Global benefits
TI's benefits include health, extended benefits coverage, income protection, long-term savings, financial advisement programs and wellness programs.
TI provides various benefit options to our employees, including a medical HMO plan, a medical preferred provider organization (PPO) plan, a high-deductible health plan, dental care, vision care, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability. We offer part-time employees who work 20-39 hours per week full benefits.
Each year, TI evaluates its benefit offerings and makes necessary changes to balance employees' needs with health care costs and ensure that we remain competitive. We share the cost of some benefits with employees.
We make it easy for U.S. employees to enroll in and update their benefits information and to review their compensation packages through internal online sources. Through our internal website, lifeevents.ti.com, information about employee benefits is organized into family, employment and personal life events. It gives employees a quicker way to research a benefits issue or question.
To offset the cost of a variety of health care, life insurance and disability benefits, TI:
- Gives U.S. employees a supplemental monthly dollar amount through our Choice Dollars program.
- Contributes $500 per employee and $1000 per family to the health savings accounts of individuals enrolled in our high-deductible health plan.
- Provides health care and dependent care spending accounts, which allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible medical and dependent care services.
- Offers access to a limited-purpose dental and vision spending account for employees enrolled in the high-deductible health plan.
- Offers a comprehensive set of preventive programs to help employees maintain healthy lifestyles.
To minimize the financial hardship for U.S. employees called to active duty, TI provides an income supplement that makes up the difference between their military pay and TI's pay. We also continue to provide military employees with medical and dental coverage, 401(k) and stock contributions, and life insurance during their leave.
U.S. employees receive a set number of paid hours each year that can be used for leisure, vacation, personal time, short-term non-occupational illness or injury, and funeral or bereavement time off. Accrual is based on the number of full years of service completed before the first day of each month. Active employees also receive nine paid holidays, time off for jury duty and military leave.
TI's insurance options support U.S. employees in times of injury, illness or death. These benefits include:
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Accidental death and dismemberment.
- Business travel accident insurance.
For U.S. employees who qualify, our extended health benefits coverage provides access to medical and dental benefits after leaving the company. This coverage includes PPOs and HMOs, and dental indemnity and HMO plans.
To attract and retain key talent, we evaluate both wages and benefits programs offered by host governments and other local companies where we operate internationally to ensure that we remain competitive.