Results | Looking ahead
In 2011, we received a number of related awards for our commitment to ethics, social responsibility and environmental stewardship, including:
We also achieved a number of milestones in our transparency efforts, including:
- Inclusion on Fortune Magazine's "Global Most Admired Companies" for the eighth consecutive year.
- Induction as a "North America Component" on Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes for the fifth year.
- Inclusion on CR Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list for the ninth year, as well as ranking fifth on the magazine's first "10 Best Corporate Citizens" list in the Information Technology sector.
- Inclusion on the Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" list for the fifth consecutive year.
- Addressing 100 percent of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) indicators.
- Self-declaring GRI reporting application level A for the first time.
- Further enhancing the report's global scope.
- Establishing and sharing the company's first sustainability goals.
- Further leveraging social media to promote stakeholder engagement.
TI already has a few plans in place for progressing its citizenship efforts in 2012, such as:
- Joining the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), a group of leading electronics companies that work together to improve efficiency and social, ethical and environmental responsibility in the global supply chain. We will adopt the EICC's code of conduct and begin using its assessment tools.
- Updating our citizenship news and report sites to improve stakeholder engagement and usability.