Financial recognition | Individual and group recognition | Non-cash recognition | Service anniversaries | External recognition
Recognition may take the form of a salary increase, performance bonus or equity. It can also come in the form of a coffee mug, event tickets or a group dinner. And it can be as simple as a heartfelt "thank you" or "good job."
TI compensates employees with market-competitive salaries. Employees also have an opportunity to receive variable cash rewards based on company performance. We offer a profit-sharing plan that pays out when we achieve a threshold of profitability. Additionally, we provide various other bonus opportunities based on individual, organizational and company performance.
Individual and group recognition
We formed the TI Recognition Services and Events (TIRSE) team to help managers select the appropriate way to reward employees and recognize business success. TIRSE procures individual recognition items ranging from gift cards to TI logo merchandise, which can be personalized and customized. TIRSE also coordinates recognition events by taking care of the entertainment, food, decorations and even transportation.
Some business groups maintain a website that lists employee preferences for gifts and whether they prefer private or public recognition. Managers review these preferences to pick just the right awards for great performance.
Other TI business units have developed formal recognition programs as well, including:
- Toot Your Own Horn, which acknowledges employees who have earned advanced degrees or other professional achievements.
- The Imagine the Success award, which recognizes TI teams that deliver results that positively impact the company's bottom line.
- Technical Excellence awards to recognize employees for their technical contributions.
- Patent awards for employees awarded patents.
Our recognition team regularly communicates the importance of thanking and congratulating employees for a job well done. The TIRSE team trains managers on small ways they can make a big difference, from sending an e-mail and copying the boss to offering their thanks in a staff meeting.
Service anniversary recognition is important at TI, and we creatively recognize our employees' milestones by:
Every year, TI hosts a banquet honoring employees in the North Texas area who reach milestones of between 25 and 50 years of service.
- Sending e-cards to employees and an announcement to their colleagues to acknowledge the milestone.
- Announcing the service anniversary in team meetings and on organizational websites.
- Awarding service milestone gifts.
As industry leaders, many of our employees are nominated for a variety of local and national industry and community awards each year. TI recognizes their achievements through internal newsletters, websites and customized posters.