WEBENCH® Processor Power Architect
Processor Power Optimization in Minutes
WEBENCH Processor Power Architect tool incorporates the detailed supply requirements of the newest ARM® microprocessor and microcontroller devices from TI, Freescale and Atmel with more to be added soon. High performance processor power supplies are complex, requiring the designer to meet unique multiple voltage levels with precise voltage, current, ripple, noise filtering, synchronization, soft start, and supply separation demands. The power supply designs delivered by WEBENCH tools incorporate comprehensive processor power requirements published by the processor manufacturers, giving the designer confidence that their power supplies will meet these constraints while saving critical time in the process.
WEBENCH Processor Power Architect organizes the following constraints for you:
- Specifications for processor system power supplies
- Processor power requirements
- Highlights of special details included in the power supply specifications:
- Recommended operating voltages for the selected microprocessor or embedded controller
- Nominal operating currents
- Vout ripple
- Additional filtering
- LDO requirements for low power, ripple sensitive loads
Creating a complete processor power supply design is easy:
- Select your processor(s)
- The tool automatically populates the processor's unique power requirements, identifying options for every potential load for that processor
- Review load requirements and adjust with the inputs from your system requirements, adding your additional loads to create power rails for your entire system if desired
- Turn the Optimizer dial to fine-tune your complete design
The power supply may involve one or more intermediate voltage rails between the input supply and the point-of-load regulators and you can tune the recommended power supply with the turn of a dial, reducing size, increasing efficiency or lowering complete system cost in seconds. You can also order components for prototyping, share the design with others, and easily print a complete project report including schematics, bill of materials (BOM), and performance characteristics.
Supported ARM Processors & Microcontrollers Include:
Texas Instruments Processors
- Sitara ARM microprocessors
- DaVinci digital media processors
- C6000 DSP+ARM processors
- C6000 DSPsC5000 ultra-low-power DSPs
- C2000 32-bit real-time MCUs
- MSP430 16-bit ultra-low-power MCUs
- OMAP mobile processors
- TMS470 16/32-bit RISC MCUs
Atmel AT91SAM MPUs
- More coming soon!
Freescale i.MX Applications Processors
- More coming soon!
Freescale Kinetis ARM Cortex-M4 Microcontrollers
- And more...