The Adaptive Digital Technologies G.722.2 Audio Coder is a real-time implementation of the ITU G.722.2 audio coder also referred to as the Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) codec. Wideband speech coding is a substantial feature in high-fidelity telephony and in telecommunications processes such as audio teleconferencing and program broadcasting.
|Codec Type||Voice / Speech|
|Name or Standard/Profile||G.722.2|
|Audio/Voice Sample Rate||16kHz|
G.722.2/AMR-WB provides improved speech quality due to a wider speech bandwidth of 50-7000 Hz compared to narrowband speech coders which in general are optimized for traditional POTS line quality of 300-3400 Hz. G.722.2/AMR Wide Band codec is based on the Code Excited Linear Prediction (CELP) coding model, the higher bandwidth allows the end user network to experience truer voice signals.
|eXpress DSP Compliant||Yes|
- Functions are C-callable
- Multi-Channel Implementation.
- Completely re-entrant (Channel can interrupt any Channel, any time)
- The encoder and decoder meet all ITU G.722.2 compliance data files.
- Includes Packet Loss Concealment Algorithm
- Includes Support for Discontinuous Transmission (DTX)
- xDAIS Compliant and xDM Compliant
A list and links to documentation relevant to the solution, including schematics, board layout suggestions.
- Datasheets - https://www.adaptivedigital.com/g-722-2/
TI Product Family Experience
- C55x DSP
- C5000 DSP
- ARM-Based Processor Platforms
- Communications Equipment
- Personal Electronics