TI DLP® Near-Infrared (NIR)
Exceptional performance for optical sensing and high-power industrial imaging applications
Near-infrared (NIR) products are optimized for 700 to 2500 nm. They can deliver high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and enable programmable wavelength selection for single sensor designs in NIR spectroscopy. DLP chips can also pair with high power NIR lasers for precision exposure engines used in printing, marking and sintering equipment. These devices can also be used for non-contact 3D scanning using NIR structured light patterns.
- Supports 160 Watts in the 950-1150nm spectrum
- Steers 1 million points of high power laser light
- Enables uniform optical power distribution
- Real-time system tuning
- Adaptable scan parameters
- Up to 96% optical transmission for NIR wavelengths
Use our selection guide to learn about the entire DLP portfolio and choose the right chipset for your design.
Spectroscopy is a powerful technique for recognizing and characterizing physical materials in various phases, including solid, liquid, gas, or plasma, and may be light emitting or light absorbing.
Key application notes
- Optimizing the DLP® Spectrometer Signal Chain (PDF, 4167KB)
- Flexible Trade-offs in Maximizing SNR and Res. in TI DLP® Tech. Based Spec. Sys. (PDF, 1368KB)
- DLP® NIRscan™ Nano Optical Design Considerations (PDF, 207KB)
- DLP High Power NIR Thermal Design Guide (PDF, 368KB)