TI DLP Cinema® products
The ultimate movie experience
DLP products is a leader in digital cinema
- Utilized in over eight of 10 digital movie theatre screens worldwide.1
- S2K, 2K and 4K chipset options to enable screen sizes up to 105 feet wide.
- S2K allows emerging markets to economically convert to digital cinema.
Ultimate movie experience
- Enjoy crystal clear and lifelike images in 2D and 3D.
- Delivers bright and vivid colors.
- See even the smallest detail in high contrast shadows.
Notable technical achievements
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Scientific and Technical Achievement Awards
- 2009 Academy® Scientific and Engineering Award (Academy Plaque) for color accurate digital intermediate previews of motion pictures.
- Dr. Larry Hornbeck, inventor of the Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) that makes DLP technology possible, receives the David Sarnoff Medal from the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE).
- DLP technology receives the Technical and Scientific Achievement Award from the BKSTS (The British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society).
- DLP technology receives Emmy award from The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for Outstanding Achievement In Engineering Development.
1 Source: Theatrical Distribution List