This document explains how the EVM Application #1 generates a Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) signal and includes the following information.
- An overview, background and methodology on what the EVM Application #1 is and how it works.
- Listing of the three modules which must be configured
- Formula for performing period register and compare register value calculations.
- A figure that shows the difference between active high and active low polarity.
- Assembly code for generating a pulse width modulated signal for the target system, the Texas Instruments (TI)(tm) TMS320F240 Evaluation Module (EVM).