The OMAP2430 / OMAP2431 high-performance application processors deliver best in class multimedia performance to 2.5G and 3G wireless handsets and multimedia-enabled wireless PDAs. The OMAP platform enables innovative 3G applications such as video conferencing, digital music, mobile-to-mobile gaming and mobile TV. Based on TI's enhanced OMAP™ 2 multi-engine parallel processing architecture and high performance / low-leakage 90-nm CMOS process technology, the OMAP2430 / OMAP2431 provide the ultimate balance between multimedia performance, flexibility, power and cost. Featuring TI's latest generation imaging video and audio accelerator, the IVA™ 2, the OMAP2430 / OMAP2431 boost mobile video playback performance to DVD quality. In addition to IVA 2, the processor also integrates an ARM1136 RISC (up to 330 MHz) processor core; dedicated 2D/3D graphics hardware acceleration (OMAP2430 only), high-speed system interconnect, a host of peripherals, and camera, display and memory sub-systems.
Download the following documents for more information:
- OMAP2430 Product Bulletin (ti_omap2430.pdf, 207 KB)
- OMAP2430 Software Development Platform (TI_sdp_omap2430.pdf, 409 KB)
The OMAP2430 / OMAP2431 have been designed to support all high-level operating systems (HLOS), including leading OSes like Linux®, Microsoft® Windows Mobile™ and Symbian™. The processor's high performance enables the use of more highly compressed codecs that bring spectral efficiency and cost savings to network operators. The built-in M-Shield™ security technology enables operators to add value-added services for content protection, transaction security and secure network access, plus terminal security functions such as secure flashing and booting, terminal identity protection and network lock protection.
Multimedia features supported by the OMAP2430 / OMAP2431 processors include:
- Downloadable media playback and digital TV decode
- MPEG4, H.264, Window Media Video 9 (VC-1), RealVideo version 10 decode at VGA (640x480) 30 fps
- Still image capture
- >5 Mpixel with 1 second shot-to-shot delay
- Motion video capture
- MPEG4 encoding up to VGA 30 fps
- Video teleconferencing
- H.263, H.264 videoconferencing with simultaneous recording of VTC session up to CIF 30 fps
- 2D/3D gaming
- Rasterization up to 1 million polygons per second (OMAP2430 only)
The TWL4030 is the optimized all-in-one audio and power manager to a host of OMAP processors. It is an integrated power management/audio codec device intended for use in portable cellular telephone designs which derive their power from batteries based on Lithium-Ion, Lithium-Ion Polymer or Cobalt -Nickel -Manganese chemistries. The OMAP2430 / OMAP2431 and TWL4030 combination boost system performance, maximize battery life and reduce board space.
Access to the OMAP
Developer Network also provides an extensive range of programs and
media components that manufacturers can use for differentiating and delivering
products to market fast.
- Advanced Imaging, Video and Audio Accelerator (IVA™ 2) boosts video
performance in mobile phones by up to 4X and imaging performance by up to 1.5X
- Delivering a multimedia experience with consumer electronics quality
to the handset
- Multi-engine parallel processing architecture for supporting complex
- Built-in M-Shield™ mobile security technology enables value-added services
and terminal security
- Support for all major High Level Operating Systems (HLOS) aids applications
Back to Top