BlueLink™ 7.0 Bluetooth® and FM Single-Chip Solution (BL6450)
Download the product bulletin for more information:
- Bluelink 7.0 Platform Product Bulletin (PDF 265 KB)
January 2010 Download
TI qualified a Bluetooth® low energy controller on TI’s highly-integrated BlueLink™ 7.0 (BL6450-L) solution which will lead to a family of solutions once full qualification is completed in 2Q 2010.
The BlueLink 7.0 platform provides a complete hardware and software solution for Bluetooth and FM, enabling ease of design and expediting time to market for mobile device manufacturers. Leveraging TI's DRP™ technology and 65-nm process technology, the BL6450 is the industry's smallest Bluetooth and FM single-chip solution. This allows customers to realize cost and size savings due to significantly smaller numbers of:
- external components compared to discrete Bluetooth and FM solutions
- interfaces (for the FM function) compared to a discrete Bluetooth and FM solutions
The BL6450 BlueLink 7.0 single chip also incorporates TI's Bluetooth/WLAN coexistence hardware and software solution, providing a collaborative interface with TI's WiLink™ mobile WLAN solutions for optimal bandwidth. TI's coexistence solution enables advanced usage scenarios such as VoIP over WLAN with Bluetooth Voice using a shared antenna.
Compared to the BlueLink 6.0 Bluetooth and FM single chip, the BlueLink 7.0 solution adds support for FM transmit, including a programmable gain power amplifier with levels compliant to FCC and ETSI specifications, and higher power levels. It also includes FM analog and digital (I2S) data interfaces supporting voice quality sample rate and MP3 audio quality sample rates.
- Based on TI's cutting-edge 65-nm CMOS process and DRP™ technology for low size, power and cost
- Supports Bluetooth® specification v2.1 + EDR and relevant features in upcoming SIG releases
- Fully embedded FM and radio data system (RDS) receiver and transceiver, supporting U.S./European and Japanese FM bands
- Enhanced performance:
- Improved Bluetooth link robustness - Supports power level higher than Class 2 without external power amplifier, best in class sensitivity level
- Best in class FM RX sensitivity level and audio quality
- Improved AFH algorithm with minimum adoption time
- Highly optimized for mobile phones systems
- Single-ended Bluetooth RF interface
- Low BOM count and small PCB layout area
- WLAN coexistence mechanism enables substantial solution size and cost reduction
- Advanced power management for extended battery life and ease of design
- Low power consumption for active, standby and scan modes
- On-chip power management, including direct connection to battery support
- Flexibility for easy integration into various host system topologies:
- Support both shared and separated interfaces for the Bluetooth and FM functions
- Supports multiple Bluetooth profile use-cases (complex scenarios) working concurrently with FM
- FM receives/scans/sends RDS information to the host, while Bluetooth can be in any operational mode
This product is intended for high-volume wireless OEMs and ODMs and is not available through distributors. If your company meets this description, please contact your TI sales office.