OrCAD Capture provides fast and intuitive schematic design entry for PCB development or analog simulation using PSpice. The component information system (CIS) integrates with it to automatically synchronize and validate externally sourced part data.
Easy-to-use and powerful, Cadence OrCAD Capture is the most widely used schematic design solution, supporting both flat and hierarchal designs from the simplest to the most complex. Seamless bi-directional integration with OrCAD PCB Editor enables data synchronization and cross-probing/placement between the schematic and the board design. OrCAD Capture allows designers to back-annotate layout changes, make gate/pin swaps, and change component names or values from board design to schematic using the feedback process. It also comes with a large library of schematic symbols and can export netlists in a wide variety of formats.
OrCAD Capture CIS integrates the OrCAD Capture schematic design application with the added capabilities of a component information system (CIS) and the Cadence ActiveParts Portal.
CIS allows designers to search, identify, and populate the design with preferred parts. With easy access to company component databases and part information, designers can reduce the amount of time spent researching needed parts.
The ActiveParts Portal is an expansion of the existing Cadence ActiveParts online component data solution for access to component information. As part of the new ActiveParts Portal, Cadence is teaming with SupplyFrame, Inc. as the first portal member. In this initial integration, select parts within the SupplyFrame database have schematic symbols mapped to them for placement into a schematic design. Learn more
- Boosts schematic editing efficiency of complex designs through hierarchical and variant design capabilities
- Integrates with a robust CIS that promotes the use of preferred, current parts to accelerate the design process and reduce project costs
- Provides access to more than two million parts with Cadence ActiveParts, offering greater flexibility when choosing design components
OrCAD PSpice® Designer
The PSpice® solution and OrCAD Capture provide industry-leading schematic entry, native analog, mixed-signal, and analysis engines that deliver a complete circuit simulation and verification solution. Whether you’re prototyping simple circuits or designing complex systems, PSpice provides circuit-simulation technology to analyze and refine your circuits, components, and parameters before committing to layout and fabrication.
The PSpice general-purpose analog and mixed-mode circuit simulators are ideal for a variety of product designs such as aerospace, medical, power electronics, and automotive. You can simulate designs from simple circuits, complex electronics, and power supplies to radio-frequency systems and targeted IC designs.
With built-in mathematical functions, behavioral modeling, circuit optimization, and electromechanical co-simulation, the PSpice environment also goes far beyond general-circuit simulation. Along with numerous online vendor models and model libraries, the PSpice model library offers more than 30,000 analog and mixed-signal models. This library includes parameterized models such as BJTs, JFETs, MOSFETs, IGBTs, SCRs, discretes, operational amplifiers, optocouplers, regulators, PWM controllers, and multipliers. Learn more
- Integration with MathWorks MATLAB/Simulink provides a multi-domain simulation, such as electromechanical co-simulation.
- Provides DC, AC, and transient analysis to test circuit response with varying inputs
- Provides worst-case digital timing analysis to help you find timing problems that occur with circuit signal transitions.
- Mixed-signal designs can be verified where the analog portions have digital content embedded