Smart Grid Wireless Communication - Overview
Includes RF ICs, metering protocol stacks and dedicated profiles: Proprietary sub-1-GHz, ZigBee®-SE, wM-Bus, ZigBee-IP from 2010, 6LoWPAN. Royalty-free, fully certified and interoperable protocol stacks. Learn more at www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivity
Learn more at www.ti.com/rfperformanceline
- CC1120 High Performance RF Transceiver for Narrowband Systems
- CC430 Enable smarter, low-power RF applications with more flexibility via the latest MSP430 MCU and leading low-power RF IC
- Complete hardware and software ZigBee Compliant Platform (ZCP) certified by a ZigBee Alliance-approved test house
- Free IEEE 802.15.4 MAC software and golden unit status Z-Stack™ protocol stack
- High-performance CC253x radio featuring excellent coexistence with WLAN, Bluetooth® and other 2.4-GHz solutions
- Smart Energy and Home Automation public-application profiles and support
- Development kits and tools
Learn more at www.ti.com/zigbee
- Gateway for remote, low-cost wireless sensors to connect to the Internet and a wireless extension of wired IPv6 infrastructures
- Sub-1-GHz product family includes the CC1180 network processor, CC430 complete system-on-chip (SoC) microcontrollers, CC1101/MSP430F5xxx platform and 6LoWPAN software stacks
- Supports large-scale mesh networks. Suitable for applications such as smart grid, security, home and building automation, street lighting and other wireless sensor networks.
Learn more at www.ti.com/6lowpan
Back to top
Multiple MSP430+CC11xx hardware platforms with wM-Bus stack. Easy-to-use TI evaluation kits with TI’s ULP MSP430 MCU and CC11xx devices immediately available for wM-Bus development.
- Multiple TI EVM kits supporting wM-Bus are available today:
- MSP-EXP430F5438 + CC1120EM kit
- MSP-EXP430FG4618 + CC1101EM kit
- EM430F6137RF900 for CC430 single-chip device
- CC1101+CC1190 evaluation kits for high transmit power in 868/915-MHz bands
- TPS62730 EVM for efficient power supply from primary batteries supporting all the MCU+RF kits above
- wM-Bus stack with TI hardware platform is the first complete wM-Bus product on the market, just like TI was the first semiconductor company to provide ZigBee stack for the mass market
Learn more at www.ti.com/wmbus
Back to top
Self-contained 802.11 b/g solution enables easy-to-implement Internet connectivity. Embedded Wi-Fi and networking software including drivers, stack and supplicant. Allows Wi-Fi implementation quickly without previous Wi-Fi or RF experience.
802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth platform on a single chip with best-in-class coexistence technology. TI’s sixth-generation WLAN technology allows secure, high-throughput and reliable Wi-Fi connectivity of electronic devices to each other, the Internet and wired networks. TI’s seventh-generation Bluetooth technology supports low-power applications in personal area networks.
Learn more at www.ti.com/wifi
Learn more at www.ti.com/nfc
RFID products from TI provide the ultimate solution for a wide range of applications. With its patented HDX technology TI RFID offers unmatched performance in read range, read rate and robustness. TI offers one-stop-shopping of transponders, inlays, reader modules and reader IC. TI provides robust design support for the RFID products including technical documents, training, tools, and software.
Learn more at www.ti.com/rfid
Back to top