VIDEO: Broadcast & Professional / SDI
Accelerate Time to Market with TI's Easy-to-Use Video Solutions
For decades, Texas Instruments has been a trusted advisor and solutions provider to the professional and broadcast video industry. TI continues to offer the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of Serial Digital Interface (SDI) solutions. Energy-efficient, easy-to-use products save design time and reduce development costs to get your products to market more quickly.
NEW LMH1256 – Industry’s first 12G UHD-SDI reclocker for 4K broadcast video systems
The LMH1256 is the industry’s first 12G ultra-high-definition (UHD) SDI reclocker with integrated signal conditioning. The four-channel LMH1256 doubles the transmission rate of competing 6G devices, allowing broadcast video equipment to capture, record and play back 4K video signals at 60 Hz over a single link of coaxial cable and addresses next-generation systems, including digital video routers, switches, encoders/decoders, modular cards, multi-viewers and display monitors.
Key features and benefits
- Highest transmission rate: Enables broadcast video equipment to transmit 4K video signals at 60 Hz over a single coaxial cable link and delivers multi-rate operation at transmission speeds from 270 Mbps to 11.868 Gbps
- Integrated eye monitor: On-chip oscilloscope probe enables system designers to examine transmitted signals at any point in the system for faster time-to-market, enabling end users save time and repair costs during debug and installation via the eye monitor’s ability to detect a faulty signal or cable
- Ultra-low power consumption: 200 mW typical power consumption enables system designers to pack in more channels and features into smaller frames
- Reduced board size: As the number of video inputs/outputs increase, the LMH1256’s four channels help customers design multi-channel equipment with smaller board size and footprint
LMH0366 – Industry’s first SDI reclocker with integrated eye monitor
The LMH0366 3G/HD/SD reclocker with eye monitor delivers best-in-class jitter performance and signal integrity at half the power of the competition. The on-chip eye monitor provides system architects real-time monitoring and diagnostics at the reclocker’s input, optimizing design and accelerating time-to-market.
- Lowest power consumption: 100 mW typical power consumption enables system designers to pack in more channels and features into smaller frames
- Integrated eye monitor: On-chip oscilloscope probe enables designers to examine transmitted signals at any point in the system for faster time-to-market
- Longer FR-4 reach: 50% longer reach than the competition enables more flexibility routing signals across backplanes and long board traces
- No reference crystal required: Unlike competing devices that require an external reference crystal to lock to the correct data rates, the LMH0366 automatically detects the incoming data rate without the need for additional external crystals