From sensors to servers, TI has the right DSPs for every application.
Getting to Know TI’s DSP
Learn more about Texas Instruments’ Digital Signal Processors.
Ideal solutions for a variety of applications with reference designs.
DSPs are at the center of embedded solutions
Software Quick Start
Learn more about TI’s extensive software offerings
Built for Real-time, deterministic processing
DSPs outperform general purpose processors for time critical applications
- Architecturally designed to excel at mathematical operations and data movement
- Real-time OS support provides event response times as low as 10ns
Specialized instructions to do complex processing in a single cycle
- Deterministic processing with optional cache use and DMAs that schedule data movement
Precise, deterministic architecture
Highest performance floating point DSPs in the industry
- TI’s C66x DSP core delivers 32 GMACs & 16 GFLOPS per core @1GHz.
- TI’s C66x DSP core has the highest floating point BDTImark2000™ score in the industry. Learn more about BDTI benchmarks.
- C6678 @160 GFLOPS, 320GMACs at 1.25GHz
- 66AK2H12 @200 GFLOPS, 400GMACs at 1.4GHz
- Easy-to-access performance with optimized processing libraries, optimizing C compiler and OpenMP/OpenCL support.
TI DSPs excel in performance-to-power ratio
- Industry’s lowest active power solution : < 0.20mW/MHz
- TI SoCs deliver > 12GFLOPs/W at the application level (see Paypal’s example)
- Integration with ARM and peripherals saves power, cost, and board space
Full range of power efficient cores
DSP processors enable applications from sensors to servers
- C6678@160 GFLOPS, 320GMACs at 1.25GHz
- Scalable portfolio of DSP products from low power to high performance
- Pin compatible devices available within processor families
- Single core solutions support applications ranging from sensors and wearables to portable radios
- Multicore solutions excel all the way up to servers with high-speed interfaces and efficient internal fabrics allowing many devices to work together effectively
Quickly create differentiated products with TI’s comprehensive suite of programming and debug tools
- Free Software Development Kits (SDKs) with libraries and codecs
- Single SDK for many DSPs for easy development and migration
- Highly optimized compiler for high performance with C code
- Multiple O/S options and support for OpenCL and OpenMP