Stellaris® EVALBOT - 32-bit ARM®-Cortex™-M3 Microcontrollers
Learning ARM Cortex-M3 microcontrollers (MCUs), real-time operating systems and a variety of tools is fun with the EVALBOT
In one little robotic evaluation kit, you can experience the Stellaris ARM® Cortex™-M3-based LM3S9B92 MCU in real-world applications that leverage the processor's integrated 10/100 Ethernet MAC/PHY, USB On-The-Go, CAN, and motion control capabilities.
The board also uses a range of Texas Instruments´ analog components for motor drive, power supply, and communications functions. After a few minutes of assembly, the EVALBOT's electronics are ready-to-run.
To get started, it is easy as just determining what tools you want to work with:
- Standard robotic evaluation kit supported with StellarisWare® and one of the five standard tools options
- Robotic evaluation kit with Micrium's µC/OS-III: The Real-Time Kernel and IAR Systems Embedded Workbench. Available options are:
- the EVALBOT only;
- the Micrium book with example projects and the EVALBOT; or
- only the book
- Another supplement is the latest volume from Micrium, µC/TCP-IP, The Embedded Protocol Stack. This book features everything you need to get started writing network applications for the EVALBOT, including links to tools and example projects.
Standard robotic evaluation kits supported with StellarisWare
For this version of the EVALBOT, the quickstart application provides out-of-the-box action and can be used along with other included examples as a foundation for seriously fun learning. The examples are based on the included, extensive StellarisWare library and can be modified to meet new challenges using one of the evaluation versions of the integrated development tools listed in the product part table.
The evaluation kit provides a fun, hands-on mini robotic platform for learning and evaluating the Stellaris LM3S9B92 microcontroller. The EVALBOT includes the following features:
- Evaluation board with robotic capabilities
- Mechanical components assembled by user
- Stellaris® LM3S9B92 microcontroller
- MicroSD card connector
- I2S audio codec with speaker
- USB Host and Device connectors
- RJ45 Ethernet connector
- Bright 96 x 16 blue OLED display
- Onboard In-Circuit Debug Interface (ICDI)
- Battery power (3 AA batteries) or power through USB
- Wireless communication expansion port
- Robot features:
- Two DC gear-motors provide drive and steering
- Opto-sensors detect wheel rotation with 45° resolution
- Sensors for "bump" detection
|Tool||Part Number||Description||Order Now|
|EKK-EVALBOT||Stellaris® LM3S9B92 EVALBOT Kit for Keil™ RealView® MDK-ARM (32 KB code-size limited)||
|EKI-EVALBOT||Stellaris® LM3S9B92 EVALBOT Kit for IAR Systems Embedded Workbench® (32 KB code-size limited)||
|EKC-EVALBOT||Stellaris® LM3S9B92 EVALBOT Kit for CodeSourcery G++ GNU (30-day limited)||
|EKT-EVALBOT||Stellaris® LM3S9B92 EVALBOT Kit for Code Red Technologies Red Suite (90-day limited)||
|EKS-EVALBOT||Stellaris® LM3S9B92 EVALBOT Kit for Code Composer Studio™ IDE (board-locked)||
Want to see how to remotely control the EVALBOT with low-power RF and the eZ430-Chronos watch?
This application allows the EVALBOT to be driven under radio control from a 915MHz eZ430-Chronos sport watch. To run it, you need both the sport watch (running its default firmware) and a " CC1101 Evaluation Module 868-915", part number CC1101EMK868-915. Both of these can be ordered from eStore.ti.com or other Texas Instruments part distributors.
Purchase the additional kits:
Use with EK-EVALBOT (supported by StellarisWare):
Use with EKB-UCOS3-EVM with Micrium´s µC/OS-III:
- TI EVALBOT development under Linux
- TI EVALBOT Linux (BluRry)
- EVALBOT I2C & Nunchuk lib (Martin Hubáçek)
- Remote control for Micrium version with eZ430-Chronos watch
- Check out the labs in Micrium´s µC/OS-III: The Real-Time Kernel book (EKB-UCOS3-BOOK)
- EVALBOT forum (un-official non-TI)
these forums, blogs and links are non-TI supported
StellarisWare software is an extensive suite of software designed to simplify and speed development of Stellaris-based microcontroller applications. All StellarisWare software has a free license and royalty-free use to allow the creation of full-function, easy-to-maintain code.
Stellaris Product Guide
The brochure features the full line of Stellaris MCUs and Evaluation Kits to make development easy.