Hercules™ TMS570 ARM® Cortex®-R based MCUs
Simplify development of ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 and functional safety applications.
*Cortex-R5F devices have 32KB of instruction and 32KB of data cache
|Core (in lockstep)||ARM Cortex-R4||ARM Cortex-R4F||ARM Cortex-R4F||ARM Cortex-R4F||ARM Cortex-R5F*|
|Core Freq||80 MHz||100 MHz – 160 MHz||160 MHz – 180 MHz||160 MHz – 180 MHz||300 MHz|
|Floating Point Unit|
Memory (w/ ECC)
|Flash||128 KB – 384 KB||768 KB – 1 MB||1 MB – 1.25 MB||2 MB – 3 MB||4 MB|
|SRAM||32 KB||128 KB||128 KB – 192 KB||192 KB – 256 KB||512 KB|
|External Memory Interface|
|ISO 26262 ASIL D|
|IEC 61508 SIL 3|
|Pricing from||$4.72 (1ku)||$9.56 (1ku)||$12.26 (1ku)||$14.28 (1ku)||$38.45 (1ku)|
Hercules safety certifications, documentation, tools and software help ease system level certification efforts.
High performance ARM Cortex-R-based MCUs from 80 MHz up to 300 MHz with on chip features that prove a high level of diagnostic coverage.
- Up to 300 MHz ARM Cortex R CPU
- LockStep CPUs - 1oo1D safety concept
- CPU and memory built-in self-test (BIST)
- ECC on FLASH and RAM
- 16 channel DMA with 32 control packets
- Up to two High End Timer (HET) coprocessors
- Ethernet, FlexRay and CAN connectivity
- Multi-buffered ADC and SPIs
Expansive portfolio of software and pin compatible products provide scalability to address a wide range of applications.
- Price points from entry to top performance
- CPU frequency from 80 Mhz up to 330 Mhz
- Integrated flash memory from 128 KB to 4 MB
- 100QFP, 144QFP, and 337BGA pin compatible package options
- Timers and 12 bit ADC for motor control
- Ethernet, Flexray, and CAN connectivity
- Automotive temp range (-40c to 125c)