MSP430™ value line & general purpose microcontrollers
Low-cost, ultra-low-power MCUs for simple sensing and measurement applications
MSP430™ Value Line and General Purpose microcontrollers are low-cost, ultra-low-power MCUs for sensing and measurement applications. The family offers a wide range of FRAM non-volatile memory options from 0.5KB to 256KB and analog and digital peripherals including ADCs, DACs, Op Amps, LCD drivers, AES and more.
- 0.5KB to 256KB non-volatile memory
- Peripherals: ADC, DAC, Op Amp, AES, COMP, LCD
- 16 to 100 pins, wide range of packages
- 4 smart analog combos (DAC & PGA) with ADC & COMPs
- 105ºC extended temperature range
- 32KB of FRAM with 24MHz operation
- 4mm x 4mm small size package for compact designs
Broad, scalable MCU portfolio
MSP430 value line and general purpose MCUs that provide low-cost options with integrated analog and digital peripherals to further reduce your system cost in sensing and measurement applications. This family of MSP430 MCUs offers:
- A broad, scalable portfolio ranging from 0.5KB to 256KB of memory in a variety of packages ranging from tiny 2mm x 2mm DSBGA to 100-pin LQFP options
- Integrated peripherals including a 10- or 12-bit ADC, 12-bit DAC, transimpedance amplifier, op amps, comparator, LCD driver, AES module, DMA controller and more
- Low-cost options to add intelligence to simple system-level functions
- Fast development through the LaunchPad™ development kit ecosystem with free software and code examples as well as training, technical content and online support through our E2E™ support forums
|Segment LCD||Up to 256-segment LCD driver||Up to 320-segment LCD driver|
|Package options||16 to 64 pin TSSOP, VQFN, LQFP and DSBGA packages||48 to 64 pin TSSOP and LQFP packages||24 to 100 pin TSSOP, VQFN, BGA, LQFP and DSBGA packages||56 to 100 pin TSSOP,VQFN, and LQFP packages|
|Find products||Find products||Find products||Find products|
Get started with our newest products
MSP430FR2355 MCUs integrate four configurable signal-chain modules called smart analog combos, each of which can be used as a 12-bit DAC or a PGA to meet system needs.
The MSP-EXP430FR2355 LaunchPad kit is based on the MSP430FR2355 MCU with 32KB of memory, four configurable smart analog combo modules (12-bit DACs and PGAs), a 12-bit ADC and two comparators.
Smart analog combo
The Smart Analog Combo is a configurable analog peripheral that includes a high-performance, low-power programmable gain amplifier (PGA) with gain up to 33 and a 12-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
Benefits of smart analog combo
Reduced system size and cost
- Up to four smart analog combo modules
- Each module contains a 12-bit DAC, Op Amp and a programmable gain stage which can be configured to meet multiple signal chain implementations
- Smaller PCB outline
Easy to use
- Straightforward software configuration
- Can be changed on the fly
- LaunchPad™ development kit with out-of-box demo and GUI
A wide variety of applications including:
- Smoke and heat detectors
- Temperature transmitters
- Pulse oximeters
- Gas or air quality detectors
Transimpedance amplifier (TIA)
The integrated transimpedance amplifier (TIA) is a high-performance low-power rail-to-rail output operational amplifier (Op Amp) configured to convert current to voltage.
Function replacement: 25 functions for 25 cents
Developers have the flexibility to customize common analog and digital system-level functions spanning timers, pulse width modulation (PWM), system and housekeeping and communication function. All functions have documentation and a code example for ease of use in your system.
The built-in low-power LCD driver allows MSP430 MCUs to directly control segmented LCD glasses with support for up to 256-segments.