Are there any special steps I should follow if my PIM data is currently in the Lotus Organizer 2.x format and I need to synchronize using Intellisync's Lotus Organizer 97 translator that is bundled with Avigo?
Yes. When you open and save an Organizer 2.x file using Lotus Organizer 97 the database becomes unreadable by Intellisync.
You should first export each section that contains data (Calendar, Address, To Do, etc.) into a text file from Lotus Organizer 2.x. Now you can open Lotus Organizer 97, create a new database, and import each of the previously exported text files. If you have already opened an Organizer 2.x file using Organizer 97, you will need to follow the same steps as above, except you will export each section from the current database in Organizer 97. The following are step-by-step instructions for this procedure:
Export / Import Procedure for Lotus Organizer 2.1 & 97 Database Recovery
- Start Lotus Organizer 2.1 or Lotus Organizer 97, open your organizer file.
- Select Export from the File menu.
- Use the Export dialog box, to specify the following information:
a. Select the section that the data will be exported from. ( Ex. Calendar )
b. Name for file that the data will be exported to. ( Ex. the Calendar Section will be exported to Calendar.txt or Cal.txt )
- Click Export to run export procedure. The data within your Lotus file will be placed within the text file and directory defaulted in step 3.
- You should then repeat steps 1 through 4, exporting the other sections of your original Lotus Organizer file into exported files.
- Select Close from the File menu. This step should open a new untitled Lotus Organizer file.
- Select Import from the File menu. You will then receive the Lotus Organizer Import screen. You will also have displayed the sections you already exported.
- Use the Import dialog box, to specify the following information:
a. Select the section that the data will be imported to. ( Ex. Calendar )
b. Ensure that the txt file to be imported is being imported to the appropriate section. ( Ex. the Calendar.txt file will be imported into the Calendar Section. )
- You will then select that file and it will appear in the File Name: field.
- You should then ensure that you have chosen the correct section to import to within the Into Section: field. ( I.E. The Calendar.txt file will be imported into section Calendar. )
- Click on the IMPORT button. ( This will complete the Import procedure and place the text file in the newly created section of your Organizer file. )
- You should then repeat steps 7 through 11, importing the other sections from your original Lotus Organizer file into this new untitled file.
- When all sections have been imported back into your new organizer file, then click on FILE, and then SAVE AS, and save your newly created file. This file is now ready to be SYNCHED.
Avigo FAQ Index
Avigo Developers Corner