One advantage of Avigo is that all of the internal software is stored in Flash memory. That means, as problems are found, or improvements are made, users can do a simple software upgrade to their Avigo. This process takes less than 10 minutes.
The most current version of the internal software is V 1.004. To see what versions you currently have, follow these steps.
- Turn on Avigo, and touch the "apps." icon.
- Touch "Applications" to pull down the Applications menu.
- Select "About" from the Applications menu.
You will see a dialog box that shows what version you have. It should look like this:
This means that the internal software version is 1.00, and English language bundle version 1.00. In this case, you should upgrade.
To update, follow these simple steps:
- Download the new Avigo internal software in the language you need.
- UnZip and place this file in the "Avigo Manager" folder on your hard drive. (Typically, C:\Program Files\Texas Instruments\Avigo)
- Start Avigo Manager and select "Back Up Avigo..." from the "File" menu to BACKUP your Avigo.
- Select "Update Avigo..." from the "File" menu, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select "Restore Avigo..." from the "File" menu to restore your Avigo.
For users who have done this before, you will notice that the language bundles are now included with the internal software, so you only have to perform one download. If you want to switch languages after you have updated your Avigo, you can download the complete language bundle, below.
Version 1.004 has the following improvements over version 1.0:
- Numeric functions such as Calculator, Data and Expense now operate faster.
- Sorting Data Tables is now a user option.
- Buttons now have a larger active pixel area, giving them improved response to stylus taps.
- When Avigo's memory becomes full, you can now add, modify, or delete records from the organizer.
- When you use a comma as the decimal separator, Avigo now displays numbers properly in the landscape mode.
- Avigo no longer locks up if you tap at a specific screen location in the Memo application.
- Modifying an address entry without a first or last name no longer prevents the synchronization of the entry.
- Avigo is now better protected against corrupt or incorrect data sent from PC applications.
- The Reset Forgotten Password function now deletes all private entries before removing the password.
- Avigo no longer locks up if you choose the import option from Intellisync and link to the PC using the Microsoft IrDA stack for an infrared transmission.