TI offers the most efficient and power dense flyback controllers that meet the demands of switch mode power supplies for various applications.
What is a flyback controller?
A flyback controller is a dedicated IC that's designed to specifically regulate a flyback converter. Click the different boxes in the diagram below to read more about each feature.
Looking for small-size solution? Learn more about Converters
- Converters are controllers that integrate the power switch into one package
- Helps further reduce the size of the power supply and total system cost
Looking for higher efficiency? Learn more about Synchronous Rectifier (SR) Controllers
- SR controllers are drivers that enable FETs to emulate diodes by turning them on and off when the body diode normally conducts
- Since a FET has lower losses than a diode, replacing the rectifier diode with an SR improves efficiency
View featured Flyback controller reference designs below, or see all Flyback controller designs in TI's reference design library.
- PMP15002 - Universal AC Input to 5V/3A Output Reference Design DOE6 and COC V5 Tier 2 Compliant
- TIDA-00708 - 100V-450VDC, 5W, 80% Efficiency at 1W, Auxiliary Supply Reference Design for AC-DC Power Supplies
- TIDA-00628 - Snubberless, Non-Isolated AC/DC Flyback Converter Reference Design with Simplified Transformer