DRAx infotainment SoCs – Head unit
The JacintoTM DRAx application processor family enables rich automotive infotainment solutions that cover a range of system capabilities and display sizes with resolutions from basic AM/FM digital radio, media playback, telematics, and phone mirroring, to 3D navigation, voice control, secondary displays and even Informational ADAS functionality such as integrated rear-camera and surround view.
Features and benefits
Scalable performance with software platforming
The Jacinto DRAx application processors can scale from basic display audio systems with smartphone mirroring to high-end infotainment systems with multiple HD displays.
- The Jacinto DRA7x processors share a common core platform and architecture, allowing software to be reused as developers scale their designs from entry to premium segments, thereby reducing time to market.
- Single Linux, QNX and Android SDKs for Jacinto DRA7x processor family.
Performance provided by heterogeneous architecture
Jacinto DRAx application processors support multiple vehicle infotainment applications, including those with safety requirements, without compromising performance. In addition to the main Arm® Cortex®--A15 core, 3D GPU, 2D GPU,Arm® Cortex® M4 cores, DSP and multimedia accelerators enable multiple use cases and functionalities such as:
- High-performance / high resolution graphics and display
- Secondary cluster information and HUD displays
- Navigation and routing
- Voice recognition and control
- Smartphone projection
- Fast boot/early boot
- Safety certifiable Ssystems
- Hardware and software security
Signal, image, and vision processing
Jacinto DRAx application processors include options for digital signal processor (C66x DSP), image signal processor (ISP), and embedded vision engine (EVE) co-processors to support the heavy signal, image and vision processing to enable integration of following cockpit features:
- Software defined digital radio
- Audio processing and routing
- Robust rear view camera and surround view image processing
Integration of automotive peripherals to optimize system BOM
Jacinto DRAx application processors provide the right set of peripherals to enable cockpit integration and optimized system BOM including:
- Multi HD display support
- Multi audio/RF tuner inputs and outputs
- Multi HD camera input interfaces
- Automotive peripherals including eAVB, CAN and MOST
- Rich set of high-speed and connectivity interfaces including PCIe, USB, eMMC, QSPI, etc.
Product family selection guide
Hardware and software tools
General purpose evaluation module that integrates key peripherals used in infotainment applications. The JAMR3 tuner and LCD/TS (1900x1200) daughter boards complement the main CPU board to offer a complete system that will help jump start evaluation and application development.
General purpose evaluation module that integrates key peripherals including support for connecting a camera module over CSI-2 interface. The JAMR3 tuner and LCD/TS (1900x1200) daughter boards complement the CPU board to offer a complete system that will help jump start the application development.
General purpose evaluation module with optimized PMIC for DRA71x processor and integrates peripherals used in digital cluster and infotainment applications. The CPU board supports interfacing with LCD/TS (1280x800) and JAMR3 daughter boards that will help start the application development.
- Software Development Kit for QNX, Linux and Android
- Software-defined radio solution for AM/FM, HD Radio, DAB/DAB+/DMB and DRM solutions
- Software for audio processing solutions
- Information ADAS package with integrated demo