Sitara processors – Factory automation
Connectivity and scalability - As the next wave of factory automation rolls out with initiatives such as "Industry 4.0" and "Made in China 2025," enabling reliable communication between all systems in the factory is more important than ever. In addition, the investment in software development across all levels of factory automation is increasing and re-use of software is critical for both time-to-market and overall development cost. The Sitara processor family makes it easy to connect and scale with integrated industrial communications support and software scalability across the entire portfolio.
- PRU-ICSS Ethernet reduces component count
- Wide temperature ranges and low power consumption
- Security features and long supply lifetimes
- Common software for Linux, RT-Linux, and TI-RTOS
PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) control field level devices such as I/O blocks, sensors, and actuators in real-time. PLCs have varying degrees of capability based on the processing ability, number of connected nodes, cycle times, number of supported protocols, and more. High-end PLCs must support large numbers of connected nodes while maintaining real-time communication over standard fieldbus protocols, all within a limited power budget to allow for fanless enclosures. TI’s Sitara processors cover these diverse needs with high-performance single-chip solutions that include PRU-ICSS for real-time communications as well as optional graphics and display functions for user interfaces.
- Use a single chip for controls and communication and support both master and slave industrial Ethernet with PRU-ICSS.
- Reach higher performance levels with fanless designs.
- Build a common platform for a range of PLCs: Sitara processors scale in performance with hardware and software reuse
- AM57x includes dual PRU-ICSS for simultaneous multiprotocol support.
- Up to 10,500 DMIPS with dual-core Cortex-A15.
- Wide range of peripherals including PCIe and up to 6 ports of Ethernet.
|AM572x||Dual-core Cortex-A15 up to 1.5GHz with dual Cortex-M4 and dual PRU-ICSS|
|AM571x||Single-core Cortex-A15 up to 1.5GHz withdual Cortex-M4 and dual PRU-ICSS|
|66AK2G02||Single-core Cortex-A15 up to 600MHz with dual PRU-ICSS|
Entry-level PLCs share the same requirements as the high-end versions in terms of real-time communications and controls, but they have lower performance needs since they connect to fewer numbers of end nodes. TI’s Sitara portfolio can scale from entry-level to high-end solutions with common software and industrial Ethernet solutions across the family.
- Eliminate external components with ICSS for integrated industrial Ethernet support.
- Reuse software across platforms with TI’s processor SDK.
- Build systems quickly with TI’s extensive technical support and documentation.
- PRU-ICSS provides multiprotocol programmable industrial communications solution.
- TI provides TI-RTOS, RT Linux, and industrial protocol firmware.
- Sitara family scales from Cortex-A8 to dual Cortex-A15 with common software.
|AM437x||Single-Core Cortex-A9 up to 1GHz with single PRU-ICSS|
|AM335x||Single-Core Cortex-A8 up to 1GHz with single PRU-ICSS|
HMIs (Human Machine Interfaces) provide a visual interface to the factory automation network and exist in varying levels of complexity. The key function of an HMI is displaying information, with critical requirements including resolution, number of displays, 2D/3D graphics acceleration, and graphics frameworks such as Qt. In addition, industrial HMIs need to function within a factory setting which requires fieldbus connectivity, and low-power fanless operation.
- Easily develop GUIs using Qt with support in Processor-SDK-Linux across all Sitara devices.
- Use common OSes such as Linux from TI or WinCE and Android, supported from third parties.
- Integrated multi-protocol industrial fieldbus connectivity using PRU-ICSS.
- Integrated 2D and 3D graphics accelerators (separate engines).
- Support for up to 1920x1200 resolution and multiple displays.
- Integrated 1080p video decode and encode including H.264, MPEG4, and others.
|AM572x||Dual-Core Cortex-A15 up to 1.5GHz with up to 3 displays, up to 1920x1200 @ 60fps, 2x SGX544|
|AM571x||Single-Core Cortex-A15 up to 1.5GHz with up to 3 displays, up to 1920x1200 @ 60fps, 1x SGX544|
|AM437x||Single-Core Cortex-A9 up to 1GHz with up to 1280x1024 @ 60fps display, 1x SGX530|
|AM335x||Single-Core Cortex-A8 up to 1GHz with up to 1280x1024 @ 60fps display, 1x SGX530|