Sitara Processors – Getting started
What makes Sitara different?
- The perfect balance of integration, cost and performance
- Industry-leading DMIPS per dollar
- Low-power consumption
- System optimized with richer peripheral set: LCD display, USB 3.0, PCIe, SATA, USB OTG w/ PHY, CAN, industrial protocols, 2D/3D graphics and video acceleration, and more.
- Differentiated ARM® + programmable real-time unit industrial communication subsystem (PRU-ICSS) architecture for industrial communications and other applications requiring flexible real-time processing.
- Reduced barriers to development with low cost development boards such as BeagleBone and starter kits, free and easy access to software, free design tools and large open-source community support.
- Easy set-up and out-of-box experience with Processor SDK with Mainline Linux™ support that is Yocto Project™ compatible: www.ti.com/processorsdk.
- A strong partner network of world-class partners to aid in software/hardware development.
Sitara processors devices
Sitara processors go beyond the core, integrating an array of peripherals giving customers access to a robust portfolio of ARM application processors from Texas Instruments. Sitara provides different product generations to choose from and is optimized with the perfect balance of integration, connectivity and performance.
|Core Type||ARM®Cortex®-A8||Cortex-A9||Cortex-A15 + C66x DSP||Cortex-A15|
|Speed (MHz)||300/600/800/1000||300/600/800/1000||Cortex-A15: 500/1000/1500
|DMIPs||Up to 2000||Up to 2500||Up to 10500||Up to 19600|
|Graphics||SGX530||SGX530||Up to two SGX544 3D graphic accelerators, a GC320 2D graphic accelerator, a 1080p60 video accelerator and output to multi-display user interfaces||n/a|
|Operating system||Linux™/Android™/Windows® CE/RTOS||Linux/Android/Windows CE/RTOS||Linux/Android/Windows CE/RTOS||Linux/RTOS|
|Key Features||LCD controller, CAN, Gb EMAC switch, 2x USB w/PHY, integrated industrial protocols, touch screen control||Display subsystem, dual camera, dual ADC, QSPI, Gb EMAC switch, integrated industrial protocols||Up to two ARM Cortex-A15 cores, two ARM Cortex-M4 cores, two C66 DSPs, integrated industrial protocols||8xGigE switch, 2x10GigE switch, large internal memory, high-speed DDR3|
|Peripherals||3D graphics, PRU, Crypto, ADC, Gigabit EMAC||2x USB w/PHY, 2x CAN, 2x McASP, 6x UART, 5x SPI, 3x I2C, HDQ, 6x PWM||2x PCIe, SATA, 2x Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, 2x DCAN, QSPI, 10x UART, 8x McASP, 5x I2C||2xUSB 3.0, 2xPCIe Gen2, 2xUART, 3xSPI, 3xI2C|
|Co-processors||Dual-core PRU-ICSS||Quad-core PRU-ICSS||Quad-core PRU-ICSS|
|Applications||EV charging station, connected home, industrial automation, PLCs, RTUs, renewable energy gateways||Industrial automation and drives, PDT, scanners||Analytics, vision, embedded computing, HMI, industrial automation, industrial drives, industrial control, robotics, medical imaging, avionics||Avionics, communications & telecom, defense, software defined radio (SDR)|
|Pricing||Starting at $4.96 (1K)||Starting at $7.25 (1K)||Starting at $22.33 (1K)||Starting at $85.00 (1K)|
|Learn more about AM335x||Learn more about AM437x||Learn more about AM57x||Learn more about AM5K2Ex|
As new markets emerge and existing markets evolve, new products need to deliver eye-catching graphics, quick response times and optimized power, whether low power consumption for reduced energy costs or extended battery life in portable equipments. The Sitara processor family, with its optimized feature sets, are ideally suited for a range of end equipment markets including: point of service, industrial, connected home, substation automation, consumer and medical.