ADS101x Ultra-Small, Low-Power, I2C-Compatible, 3.3-kSPS, 12-Bit ADCs With Internal Reference, Oscillator, and Programmable Comparator (Rev. D)
SBAS473D – May2009 – revisedDecember 2016
- Ultra-Small X2QFN Package:
2 mm × 1.5 mm × 0.4 mm
- 12-Bit Noise-Free Resolution
- Wide Supply Range: 2.0 V to 5.5 V
- Low Current Consumption: 150 μA
- Programmable Data Rate:
128 SPS to 3.3 kSPS
- Single-Cycle Settling
- Internal Low-Drift Voltage Reference
- Internal Oscillator
- I2C Interface: Four Pin-Selectable Addresses
- Four Single-Ended or Two Differential Inputs (ADS1015)
- Programmable Comparator (ADS1014 and ADS1015)
- Operating Temperature Range:
–40°C to +125°C
- Portable Instrumentation
- Battery Voltage and Current Monitoring
- Temperature Measurement Systems
- Consumer Electronics
- Factory Automation and Process Control
The ADS1013, ADS1014, and ADS1015 devices (ADS101x) are precision, low-power, 12-bit, I2C-compatible, analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) offered in an ultra-small, leadless, X2QFN-10 package, and a VSSOP-10 package. The ADS101x devices incorporate a low-drift voltage reference and an oscillator. The ADS1014 and ADS1015 also incorporate a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) and a digital comparator. These features, along with a wide operating supply range, make the ADS101x well suited for power- and space-constrained, sensor measurement applications.
The ADS101x perform conversions at data rates up to 3300 samples per second (SPS). The PGA offers input ranges from ±256 mV to ±6.144 V, allowing precise large- and small-signal measurements. The ADS1015 features an input multiplexer (MUX) that allows two differential or four single-ended input measurements. Use the digital comparator in the ADS1014 and ADS1015 for under- and overvoltage detection.
The ADS101x operate in either continuous-conversion mode or single-shot mode. The devices are automatically powered down after one conversion in single-shot mode; therefore, power consumption is significantly reduced during idle periods.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|ADS101x||X2QFN (10)||1.50 mm × 2.00 mm|
|VSSOP (10)||3.00 mm × 3.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the package option addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Simplified Block Diagrams
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback