ADS122U04 24-Bit, 4-Channel, 2-kSPS, Delta-Sigma ADC With UART Interface (Rev. A)
SBAS752A – May2017 – revisedAugust 2017
- Current Consumption as Low as 315 µA (typ)
- Wide Supply Range: 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Programmable Gain: 1 to 128
- Programmable Data Rates: Up to 2 kSPS
- Up to 20 Bits Effective Resolution
- Simultaneous 50-Hz and 60-Hz Rejection at 20 SPS With Single-Cycle Settling Digital Filter
- Two Differential or Four Single-Ended Inputs
- Dual-Matched Programmable Current Sources:
10 µA to 1.5 mA
- Internal 2.048-V Reference: 5 ppm/°C (typ) Drift
- Internal 2% Accurate Oscillator
- Internal Temperature Sensor:
0.5°C (typ) Accuracy
- Three General-Purpose Inputs/Outputs
- 2-Wire UART Compatible Interface (8-N-1 Format) With Baud Rates up to 120 kBaud and
- Package: 3.0-mm × 3.0-mm × 0.75-mm WQFN
- Sensor Transducers and Transmitters:
Temperature, Pressure, Strain, Flow
- PLC and DCS Analog Input Modules
- Temperature Controllers
- Climate Chambers, Industrial Ovens
- Patient Monitoring Systems:
Body Temperature, Blood Pressure
The ADS122U04 is a precision, 24-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that offers many integrated features to reduce system cost and component count in applications measuring small sensor signals. The device features two differential or four single-ended inputs through a flexible input multiplexer (MUX), a low-noise, programmable gain amplifier (PGA), two programmable excitation current sources, a voltage reference, an oscillator, and a precision temperature sensor.
The device can perform conversions at data rates up to 2000 samples-per-second (SPS) with single-cycle settling. At 20 SPS, the digital filter offers simultaneous 50-Hz and 60-Hz rejection for noisy industrial applications. The internal PGA offers gains up to 128. This PGA makes the ADS122U04 ideally suited for applications measuring small sensor signals, such as resistance temperature detectors (RTDs), thermocouples, thermistors, and resistive bridge sensors.
The ADS122U04 features a 2-wire, UART-compatible interface. In applications that require galvanic isolation this universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART) interface minimizes the number of digital isolation channels, thus saving cost, board space, and power.
The ADS122U04 is offered in a leadless 16-pin WQFN or a 16-pin TSSOP package and is specified over a temperature range of –40°C to +125°C.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|ADS122U04||WQFN (16)||3.00 mm × 3.00 mm|
|TSSOP (16)||5.00 mm × 4.40 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
K-Type Thermocouple Measurement
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback