ADS891xB 18-Bit, High-Speed SAR ADCs With Integrated Reference Buffer, Integrated LDO, and multiSPI™ Digital Interface (Rev. A)
SBAS707A – June2016 – revisedJuly 2016
- Resolution: 18-bit
- High Sample Rate With No Latency Output:
- ADS8910B : 1 MSPS
- ADS8912B : 500 kSPS
- ADS8914B : 250 kSPS
- Integrated LDO Enables Single-Supply Operation
- Burst-Mode Operation With Precise First Sample
- Excellent AC and DC Performance:
- SNR: 102.5 dB, THD: –125 dB
- INL: ±0.5 LSB (Typ), ±1.5 LSB (Max)
- DNL: ±0.5 LSB (Max), 18-Bit NMC
- Wide Input Range:
- Unipolar Differential Input Range: ±VREF
- VREF Input Range: 2.5 V to 5 V
- Single-Supply, Low-Power Operation
(Includes Internal Reference Buffer and LDO)
- ADS8910B : 21 mW at 1 MSPS
- ADS8912B : 16 mW at 500 kSPS
- ADS8914B : 14 mW at 250 kSPS
- multiSPI™ Digital Interface
- Extended Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Small Footprint: 4-mm × 4-mm VQFN
- Test and Measurement
- Medical Imaging
- High-Precision, High-Speed Data Acquisition
The ADS8910B, ADS8912B, and ADS8914B (ADS891xB) belong to a family of pin-to-pin compatible, high-speed, high-precision successive approximation register (SAR) based analog-to-digital convertors (ADCs) with an integrated reference buffer and integrated low-dropout regulator (LDO). These devices support unipolar, fully differential, analog input signals with ±0.5-LSB INL and 102.5-dB SNR specifications under typical operating conditions.
The integrated LDO enables single-supply operation with low power consumption. The integrated reference buffer supports burst-mode data acquisition with 18-bit precision for the first sample. External reference voltages in the range 2.5 V to 5 V are supported, offering a wide selection of input ranges without additional input scaling.
The integrated multiSPI digital interface is backward-compatible to the traditional SPI protocol. Additionally, configurable features simplify board layout, timing, and firmware, and support high throughput at lower clock speeds. The multiSPI digital interface allows for easy interface with a variety of microcontrollers, digital signal processors (DSPs), and field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs).
The ADS891xB family is offered in a space-saving,
4-mm × 4-mm, VQFN package, and is specified over the extended temperature range of –40°C to +125°C.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|ADS891xB||VQFN (24)||4.00 mm × 4.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the package option addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback