AMC1303x Small, High-Precision, Reinforced Isolated Delta-Sigma Modulators With Internal Clock (Rev. A)
SBAS771A – June2017 – revisedJuly 2017
- Pin-Compatible Family Optimized for Shunt-Resistor-Based Current Measurements:
- ±50-mV or ±250-mV Input Voltage Ranges
- Manchester Coded or Uncoded Bistream Options
- 10-MHz and 20-MHz Clock Options
- Excellent DC Performance:
- Transient Immunity: 100 kV/µs (typ)
- System-Level Diagnostic Features
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 7000-VPK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-11 (VDE V 0884-11): 2017-01
- 5000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL1577
- CAN/CSA No. 5A-Component Acceptance Service Notice, IEC 60950-1, and IEC 60065 End Equipment Standards
- Fully Specified Over the Extended Industrial Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Shunt-Resistor-Based Current Sensing and Isolated Voltage Measurement in:
- Industrial Motor Drives
- Photovoltaic Inverters
- Uninterruptible and Isolated Power Supplies
- Power Factor Correction Circuits
The AMC1303 (AMC1303x0510, AMC1303x0520, AMC1303x2510, and AMC1303x2520) is a family of precision, delta-sigma (ΔΣ) modulators with the output separated from the input circuitry by a capacitive double isolation barrier that is highly resistant to magnetic interference. This barrier is certified to provide reinforced isolation of up to 7000 VPK according to the DIN V VDE V 0884-11 and UL1577 standards. Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, this isolated modulator separates parts of the system that operate on different common-mode voltage levels and protects lower-voltage parts from damage.
The input of the AMC1303 is optimized for direct connection to shunt resistors or other low voltage-level signal sources. The ±50-mV input voltage range option allows significant reduction of the power dissipation through the shunt. The output bit-stream of the AMC1303 is synchronized to the internally generated clock and is Manchester coded (AMC1303Ex) or uncoded (AMC1303Mx). By using an integrated digital filter (such as those in the TMS320F2807x or TMS320F2837x microcontroller families) to decimate the bitstream, the device can achieve 16 bits of resolution with a dynamic range of 85 dB at an effective output data rate of 78 kSPS.
The bitstream output of the Manchester coded AMC1303Ex versions supports single-wire data and clock transfer without having to consider the setup and hold time requirements of the receiving device.
Device Information (1)
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|AMC1303x||SOIC (8)||5.85 mm × 7.50 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback