AMC1306x Small, High-Precision, Reinforced Isolated Delta-Sigma Modulators with High CMTI (Rev. A)
SBAS734A – March2017 – revisedJuly 2017
- Pin-Compatible Family Optimized for Shunt-Resistor-Based Current Measurements:
- ±50-mV or ±250-mV Input Voltage Ranges
- Manchester Coded or Uncoded Bitstream Options
- Excellent DC Performance:
- Transient Immunity: 100 kV/µs (typ)
- System-Level Diagnostic Features
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- Fully Specified Over the Extended Industrial Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Shunt-Resistor-Based Current Sensing and Isolated Voltage Measurements in:
- Industrial Motor Drives
- Photovoltaic Inverters
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
The AMC1306 device is a precision, delta-sigma (ΔΣ) modulator with the output separated from the input circuitry by a capacitive double isolation barrier that is highly resistant to magnetic interference. This barrier is certified to provide reinforced isolation of up to 7000 VPEAK according to the DIN V VDE V 0884-11 and UL1577 standards. Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, this isolated modulator separates parts of the system that operate on different common-mode voltage levels and protects lower-voltage parts from damage.
The input of the AMC1306 is optimized for direct connection to shunt resistors or other low voltage-level signal sources. The unique low input voltage range of the ±50-mV device allows significant reduction of the power dissipation through the shunt and supports excellent ac and dc performance. The output bitstream of the AMC1306 is Manchester coded (AMC1306Ex) or uncoded (AMC1306Mx), depending on the derivate. By using an integrated digital filter (such as those in the TMS320F2807x or TMS320F2837x microcontroller families) to decimate the bitstream, the device can achieve 16 bits of resolution with a dynamic range of 85 dB at a data rate of 78 kSPS.
The bitstream output of the Manchester coded AMC1306Ex versions support single-wire data and clock transfer without having to consider the setup and hold time requirements of the receiving device.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|AMC1306x||SOIC (8)||5.85 mm × 7.50 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback