bq28z610 Impedance Track™ Gas Gauge and Protection Solution for 1-Series to 2-Series Cell Li-Ion Battery Packs (Rev. B)
SLUSAS3B – April2014 – revisedDecember 2015
- Autonomous Battery Charging Control Using Dedicated Master Mode I2C™ Interface
- Cell Balancing with Internal Bypass To Optimize Battery Health
- High-Side Protection N-CH FET Drive Allows Serial Bus Communication During Fault Conditions
- Programmable Protection Levels for Voltage, Current, and Temperature
- Analog Front End with Two Independent ADCs
- Support for Simultaneous Current and Voltage Sampling
- High-Accuracy Coulomb Counter with Input Offset Error < 1 µV (Typical)
- Supports Down to 1-mΩ Current Sense Resistor While Capable of 1-mA Current Measurement
- Supports Battery Trip Point (BTP) Function for Windows® Integration
- SHA-1 Authentication Responder for Increased Battery Pack Security
- 400-kHz I2C Bus Communications Interface for High-Speed Programming and Data Access
- Compact 12-Pin VSON Package (DRZ)
The bq28z610 device enables autonomous charge control through Master Mode I2C broadcasts of charging current and voltage information, eliminating software overhead that is typically incurred by the system's host controller.
The bq28z610 device provides a fully integrated pack-based solution with a flash programmable custom reduced instruction-set CPU (RISC), safety protection, and authentication for 1- to 2-series cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer battery packs.
The bq28z610 gas gauge communicates via an I2C compatible interface and combines an ultra-low-power, high-speed TI bqBMP processor, high-accuracy analog measurement capabilities, integrated flash memory, an array of peripheral and communication ports, an N-CH FET drive, and a SHA-1 Authentication transform responder into a complete, high-performance battery management solution.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq28z610||VSON (12)||4 mm × 2.5 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback