bq2945xx Overvoltage Protection For 2-Series and 3-Series Cell Li-Ion Batteries (Rev. F)
SLUSAJ3F – September2011 – revisedJune 2017
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, this document contains PRODUCTION DATA.
- 2-Series and 3-Series Cell Overvoltage Monitor for Secondary Protection
- Fixed Programmable Delay Timer
- Fixed OVP Threshold
- Available Range From 3.85 V to 4.6 V
- Fixed OVP Delay Option: 4 s or 6.5 s
- High-Accuracy Overvoltage Protection:
- Low Power Consumption ICC ≈ 1 µA
(VCELL(ALL) < VPROTECT)
- Low Leakage Current per Cell Input < 100 nA
- Small Package Footprint
- 6-Pin SON
- Second-Level Protection in Li-Ion Battery Packs in:
- Power Tools
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Equipment and Instrumentation
The bq2945xx family of products is a secondary-level voltage monitor and protector for Li-Ion battery pack systems. Each cell is monitored independently for an overvoltage condition. Based on the configuration, an output is triggered after a fixed delay if any of the two or three cells has an overvoltage condition. This output is triggered into a high state after an overvoltage condition satisfies the specified delay timer.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq2945xx||SON (6)||2.00 mm × 2.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback