bq297xx Cost-Effective Voltage and Current Protection Integrated Circuit for Single-Cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Batteries (Rev. D)
SLUSBU9D – March2014 – revisedMay 2016
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, this document contains PRODUCTION DATA.
- Input Voltage Range Pack+: VSS – 0.3 V to 12 V
- FET Drive:
- CHG and DSG FET Drive Output
- Voltage Sensing Across External FETs for Overcurrent Protection (OCP) Is Within ±5 mV (Typical)
- Fault Detection
- Overcharge Detection (OVP)
- Over-Discharge Detection (UVP)
- Charge Overcurrent Detection (OCC)
- Discharge Overcurrent Detection (OCD)
- Load Short-Circuit Detection (SCP)
- Zero Voltage Charging for Depleted Battery
- Factory Programmed Fault Protection Thresholds
- Fault Detection Voltage Thresholds
- Fault Trigger Timers
- Fault Recovery Timers
- Modes of Operation Without Battery Charger Enabled
- NORMAL Mode ICC = 4 µA
- Shutdown Iq = 100 nA
- Operating Temperature Range TA = –40°C to +85°C
- 6-Pin DSE (1.50 mm × 1.50 mm × 0.75 mm)
- Tablet PC
- Mobile Handset
- Handheld Data Terminals
The bq2970 battery cell protection device provides an accurate monitor and trigger threshold for overcurrent protection during high discharge/charge current operation or battery overcharge conditions.
The bq2970 device provides the protection functions for Li-Ion/Li-Polymer cells, and monitors across the external power FETs for protection due to high charge or discharge currents. In addition, there is overcharge and depleted battery monitoring and protection. These features are implemented with low current consumption in NORMAL mode operation.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq2970, bq2971, bq2972, bq2973 (2)||WSON (6)||1.50 mm × 1.50 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
- For available released devices, see the Released Device Configurations table.
OCD Detection Accuracy Versus Temperature
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback