bq4050 CEDV Gas Gauge and Protection Solution for 1-Series to 4-Series Cell Li-Ion Battery Packs (Rev. B)
SLUSC67B – March2016 – revisedOctober 2017
- High-Side Protection N-CH FET Drive Enables Serial Bus Communication During Fault Conditions
- Cell Balancing with Internal Bypass Optimizes Battery Health
- Diagnostic Lifetime Data Monitor and Black Box Recorder for Failure Analysis
- Full Array of Programmable Protection Features: Voltage, Current, Temperature
- JEITA Charge Algorithms Support Smart Charging
- Analog Front End with Two Independent ADCs
- Simultaneous Current and Voltage Sampling
- High-Accuracy Coulomb Counter with Input Offset Error < 1 μV (Typical)
- Supports Battery Trip Point (BTP) Function for Windows® Integration
- LED Display for State of Charge and Battery Status Indication
- 100-KHz SMBus v1.1 Communications Interface for Programming and Data Access with Alternate 400-KHz Mode
- SHA-1 Authentication Responder for Increased Battery Pack Security
- Compact 32-Pin VQFN Package (RSM)
- Medical and Test Equipment
- Portable Instrumentation
- Cordless Vacuum Cleaners and Vacuum Robots
The Texas Instruments bq4050 device, incorporating Compensated End-of-Discharge Voltage (CEDV) technology, is a highly integrated, accurate, 1-series to 4-series cell gas gauge and protection solution, enabling autonomous charger control and cell balancing.
The bq4050 device provides a fully integrated pack-based solution with a flash programmable custom reduced instruction-set CPU (RISC), safety protection, and authentication for Li-Ion and Li-Polymer battery packs.
The bq4050 gas gauge communicates via an SMBus-compatible interface and combines an ultra-low power, high-speed TI bqBMP processor, high-accuracy analog measurement capabilities, integrated flash memory, an array of peripheral and communication ports, an N-CH FET drive, and a SHA-1 Authentication transform responder into a complete, high-performance battery management solution.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|bq4050||VQFN (32)||4.00 mm × 4.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of this data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback