DRV8833 Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver (Rev. E)
SLVSAR1E – January2011 – revisedJuly 2015
- Dual-H-Bridge Current-Control Motor Driver
- Can Drive Two DC Motors or One Stepper Motor
- Low MOSFET ON-Resistance: HS + LS 360 mΩ
- Output Current (at VM = 5 V, 25°C)
- Outputs can be in Parallel for
- 3-A RMS, 4-A Peak (PWP and RTY)
- 1-A RMS, 4-A Peak (PW)
- Wide Power Supply Voltage Range:
2.7 to 10.8 V
- PWM Winding Current Regulation and Current Limiting
- Thermally Enhanced Surface-Mount Packages
- Battery-Powered Toys
- POS Printers
- Video Security Cameras
- Office Automation Machines
- Gaming Machines
The DRV8833 device provides a dual bridge motor driver solution for toys, printers, and other mechatronic applications.
The device has two H-bridge drivers, and can drive two DC brush motors, a bipolar stepper motor, solenoids, or other inductive loads.
The output driver block of each H-bridge consists of N-channel power MOSFETs configured as an H-bridge to drive the motor windings. Each H-bridge includes circuitry to regulate or limit the winding current.
Internal shutdown functions with a fault output pin are provided for overcurrent protection, short-circuit protection, undervoltage lockout, and overtemperature. A low-power sleep mode is also provided.
The DRV8833 is packaged in a 16-pin WQFN package with PowerPAD™ (Eco-friendly: RoHS & no Sb/Br).
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|DRV8833||TSSOP (16)||5.00 mm × 4.40 mm|
|HTSSOP (16)||5.00 mm × 4.40 mm|
|WQFN (16)||4.00 mm × 4.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback