FDC2x1x EMI-Resistant 28-Bit,12-Bit Capacitance-to-Digital Converter for Proximity and Level Sensing Applications (Rev. A)
SNOSCZ5A – June2015 – revisedJune 2015
- EMI-Resistant Architecture
- Maximum Output Rates (one active channel):
- 13.3 ksps (FDC2112, FDC2114)
- 4.08 ksps (FDC2212, FDC2214)
- Maximum Input Capacitance: 250 nF (at 10 kHz with 1 mH inductor)
- Sensor Excitation Frequency: 10 kHz to 10 MHz
- Number of channels: 2, 4
- Resolution: up to 28 bits
- System Noise Floor: 0.3 fF at 100 sps
- Supply Voltage: 2.7 V to 3.6 V
- Power Consumption: Active: 2.1 mA
- Low-Power Sleep Mode: 35 uA
- Shutdown: 200 nA
- Interface: I2C
- Temperature range: -40°C to +125°C
- Proximity Sensor
- Gesture Recognition
- Level Sensor for Liquids, including Conductive ones such as Detergent, Soap, and Ink
- Collision Avoidance
- Rain, Fog, Ice, Snow Sensor
- Automotive Door and Kick Sensors
- Material Size Detection
Capacitive sensing is a low-power, low-cost, high-resolution contactless sensing technique that can be applied to a variety of applications ranging from proximity detection and gesture recognition to remote liquid level sensing. The sensor in a capacitive sensing system is any metal or conductor, allowing for low cost and highly flexible system design.
The main challenge limiting sensitivity in capacitive sensing applications is noise susceptibility of the sensors. With the FDC2x1x innovative EMI resistant architecture, performance can be maintained even in presence of high-noise environments.
The FDC2x1x is a multi-channel family of noise- and EMI-resistant, high-resolution, high-speed capacitance-to-digital converters for implementing capacitive sensing solutions. The devices employ an innovative narrow-band based architecture to offer high rejection of noise and interferers while providing high resolution at high speed. The devices support a wide excitation frequency range, offering flexibility in system design. A wide frequency range is especially useful for reliable sensing of conductive liquids such as detergent, soap, and ink.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|FDC2112, FDC2212||WSON (DNT 12)||4.00 mm x 4.00 mm|
|FDC2114, FDC2214||WQFN (RGH 16)||4.00 mm x 4.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback