Inductive Sensing is a contact-less, short-range sensing technology that enables low-cost, high-resolution sensing of conductive targets in the presence of dust, dirt, oil, and moisture, making it extremely reliable in hostile environments. Using a coil which can be created on a PCB as a sensing element, the LDC1000 enables ultra-low cost system solutions.
Inductive sensing technology enables precise measurement of linear and angular position, displacement, motion, compression, vibration, metal composition, and several other applications in markets including automotive, consumer, computer, industrial, medical, and communications. Inductive sensing offers better performance and reliability at lower cost than other competitive solutions.
The LDC1000 is the world’s first inductance-to-digital converter, offering the benefits of inductive sensing in a low-power, small-footprint solution. The product is available in a SON-16 package and offers several modes of operation. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) simplifies connection to an MCU.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LDC1000 ||WSON (16)||5.00 mm × 4.00 mm |
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Axial Distance Sensing Application
4 Revision History
Changes from B Revision (March 2015) to C Revision
- Changed XOUT pin description to clarify proper crystal connectionGo
- Added instructions on proper DAP connectionGo
- Added conditions for L measurement resolutionGo
- Changed TYP to NOMGo
- Changed Some descriptions of device functionality for better clarity and consistency Go
- Changed RP Conversion equation for clarity Go
- Added extended SPI transaction figure for clarity Go
- Changed Register maps to include Clock Configuration and Threshold Registers Go
- Changed description of Min Sensor frequency for clarity Go
- Added documentation of registers 0x05, 0x06, and 0x08 Go
- Changed description of OSC Status to include possible causes. Go
- Changed some details on Application Information for improved clarity and consistency. Go
- Deleted lateral and rotation images from example applications, as example application details axial sensing configurationGo
- Changed details of example design for improved clarityGo
Changes from A Revision (December 2013) to B Revision
- Added ESD Ratings table, Feature Description section, Device Functional Modes, Application and Implementation section, Power Supply Recommendations section, Layout section, Device and Documentation Support section, and Mechanical, Packaging, and Orderable Information section Go
- Changed SCLK Pin type from DO to DIGo
- Added L Res value to Electrical CharacteristicsGo
- Added Measuring Inductance With LDC1000 subsection to Feature DescriptionGo
- Changed Frequency Counter Data values in Register Description tableGo
Changes from * Revision (September 2013) to A Revision