LDC2112, LDC2114 Inductive Touch Solution for Low-Power HMI Button Applications (Rev. B)
SNOSD15B – December2016 – revisedApril 2017
- Low Power Consumption:
- One Button: 6 µA at 0.625 SPS
- Two Buttons: 72 µA at 20 SPS
- Configurable Button Scan Rates:
- 0.625 SPS to 80 SPS
- Force Level Measurement of Touch Buttons
- Independent Channel Operation:
- Two Channels for LDC2112
- Four Channels for LDC2114
- Integrated Algorithms to Enable:
- Adjustable Force Threshold per Button
- Environmental Shift Compensation
- Simultaneous Button Press Detection
- Supports Independent Operation without MCU
- Robust EMI Performance:
- Allows for CISPR 22 and CISPR 24 Compliance
- Operating Voltage Range: 1.8 V ± 5%
- Temperature Range: –40 °C to +85 °C
- Dedicated Logic Output per Channel
- Consumer Electronics:
- Smart Watches and Other Wearable Devices
- Smart Speakers
- Virtual Reality Headsets
- Sound Bars
- Industrial Applications:
- Handheld Devices
- Home Appliances
- HMI Panels and Keypads
Touch Buttons and Force Level Measurements on Different Materials, Including Metal, Plastic, and Glass for:
Inductive sensing technology enables touch button design for human machine interface (HMI) on a wide variety of materials such as metal, glass, plastic, and wood, by measuring small deflections of conductive targets. The sensor for an inductive touch system is a coil that can be implemented on a small PCB located behind the panel and protected from the environment. Inductive sensing solution is insensitive to humidity or non-conductive contaminants such as oil and dirt. It is able to automatically correct for any deformation in the conductive targets.
The LDC2112/LDC2114 is a multi-channel low-noise inductance to digital converter with integrated algorithms to implement inductive touch applications. The device employs an innovative LC resonator that offers high rejection of noise and interference. The LDC2112/LDC2114 can reliably detect material deflections of less than 200 nm.
The LDC2112/LDC2114 includes an ultra-low power mode intended for power on/off buttons in battery powered applications.
The LDC2112/LDC2114 is available in a 16-pin DSBGA or TSSOP package. The 0.4 mm pitch DSBGA package has a very small 1.6 × 1.6 mm nominal body size with a maximum height of 0.4 mm. The 0.65 mm pitch TSSOP package has a 5.0 × 4.4 mm nominal body size with a maximum height of 1.2 mm.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LDC2112/LDC2114||DSBGA (16)||1.6 mm × 1.6 mm|
|LDC2112/LDC2114||TSSOP (16)||5.0 mm × 4.4 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback