The LM101A is a general purpose operational amplifier which features improved performance over industry standards such as the LM709. Advanced processing techniques make possible an order of magnitude reduction in input currents, and a redesign of the biasing circuitry reduces the temperature drift of input current. Improved specifications include:
- Offset voltage 3 mV maximum over temperature
- Input current 100 nA maximum over temperature
- Offset current 20 nA maximum over temperature
- Specified drift characteristics
- Offsets ensured over entire common mode and supply voltage ranges
- Slew rate of 10V/μs as a summing amplifierThis amplifier offers many features which make its application nearly foolproof: overload protection on the input and output, no latch-up when the common mode range is exceeded, and freedom from oscillations and compensation with a single 30 pF capacitor. It has advantages over internally compensated amplifiers in that the frequency compensation can be tailored to the particular application. For example, in low frequency circuits it can be overcompensated for increased stability margin. Or the compensation can be optimized to give more than a factor of ten improvement in high frequency performance for most applications.In addition, the device provides better accuracy and lower noise in high impedance circuitry. The low input currents also make it particularly well suited for long interval integrators or timers, sample and hold circuits and low frequency waveform generators. Further, replacing circuits where matched transistor pairs buffer the inputs of conventional IC op amps, it can give lower offset voltage and a drift at a lower cost.