LM1085 3-A Low Dropout Positive Regulators (Rev. H)
SNVS038H – July1999 – revisedJanuary 2015
- Available in 3.3-V, 5.0-V, 12-V and Adjustable Versions
- Current Limiting and Thermal Protection
- Output Current 3 A
- Line Regulation 0.015% (typical)
- Load Regulation 0.1% (typical)
- High Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Battery Charger
- Post Regulation for Switching Supplies
- Constant Current Regulator
- Microprocessor Supply
The LM1085 is a regulator with a maximum dropout of 1.5 V at 3 A of load current. It has the same pin-out as TI's industry standard LM317.
Two resistors are required to set the output voltage of the adjustable output voltage version of the LM1085. Fixed output voltage versions integrate the adjust resistors.
The LM1085 circuit includes a zener trimmed bandgap reference, current limiting and thermal shutdown.
Refer to the LM1084 for the 5A version, and the LM1086 for the 1.5A version.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LM1085||DDPAK/TO-263 (3)||10.18 mm × 8.41 mm|
|TO-220 (3)||14.986 mm × 10.16 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback