LM36011 Inductorless, Single-LED Flash Driver With 1.5-A High-Side Current Source (Rev. A)
SNVSAN5A – July2017 – revisedOctober 2017
- Accurate and Programmable LED Currents
- Flash / IR Currents Ranging from 11 mA up to 1.5 A (128 Levels)
- Torch Currents Ranging from 2.4 mA up to 376 mA (128 Levels)
- Flash Time-Out up to 1.6 Seconds
- Optimized Flash LED Current During Low Battery Conditions (IVFM)
- Grounded Cathode LED Operation for Improved Thermal Management
- Small Total Solution Size: < 4 mm2
- Hardware Strobe Enable (STROBE)
- Input Voltage Range from 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- 400-kHz I2C-Compatible Interface
- I2C Address = 0x64
- Mobile Phones
- IR LED Driver
- Video Surveillance: IP Camera
- Barcode Scanner
- Portable Data Terminal
The LM36011 is an ultra-small LED flash driver that provides a high level of adjustability. With a total solution size of 4 mm2, it can produce up to 1.5 A of LED flash current or up to 376 mA of torch current. This is all done from a accurately programmable current source without the need of a pre-regulated voltage, which saves on solution size and cost.
Features of the LM36011 are controlled via an I2C-compatible interface. These features include: hardware flash (STROBE), flash time-out, UVLO, thermal scale-back, LED fault detection, and 128 programmable currents for both flash and movie mode (torch). The device operates over a –40°C to +85°C ambient temperature range.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LM36011||DSBGA (8)||1.512 mm × 0.800 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback