LMX2592 High Performance, Wideband PLLatinum™ RF Synthesizer With Integrated VCO (Rev. F)
SNAS646F – December2015 – revisedNovember 2017
- Output Frequency Range from 20 to 9800 MHz
- Industry Leading Phase Noise Performance
- VCO Phase Noise: –134.5 dBc/Hz at 1-MHz Offset for 6-GHz Output
- Normalized PLL Noise Floor: –231 dBc/Hz
- Normalized PLL Flicker Noise: –126 dBc/Hz
- 49-fs RMS Jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) for 6 GHz Output
- Input Clock Frequency Up to 1400 MHz
- Phase Detector Frequency Up to 200 MHz,
and Up to 400 MHz in Integer-N Mode
- Supports Fractional-N and Integer-N Modes
- Dual Differential Outputs
- Innovative Solution to Reduce Spurs
- Programmable Phase Adjustment
- Programmable Charge Pump Current
- Programmable Output Power Level
- SPI or uWire (4-Wire Serial Interface)
- Single Power Supply Operation: 3.3 V
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Defense and RADAR
- Microwave Backhaul
- High-Performance Clock Source for High-Speed Data Converters
- Satellite Communications
The LMX2592 device is a low-noise, wideband RF PLL with integrated VCO that supports a frequency range from 20 MHz to 9.8 GHz. The device supports both fractional-N and integer-N modes, with a 32-bit fractional divider allowing fine frequency selection. Integrated noise of 49 fs for 6-GHz output makes it an ideal low-noise source. Combining best-in-class PLL and integrated VCO noise with integrated LDOs, this device removes the need for multiple discrete devices in high performance systems.
The device accepts input frequencies up to 1.4 GHz, which combined with frequency dividers and programmable low noise multiplier allows flexible frequency planning. The additional programmable low-noise multiplier lets users mitigate the impact of integer boundary spurs. In Fractional-N mode, the device can adjust the output phase by a 32-bit resolution. For applications that need fast frequency changes, the device supports a fast calibration option which takes less than 25 µs.
This performance is achieved by using single 3.3-V supply. It supports 2 flexible differential outputs that can be configured as single-ended outputs as well. Users can choose to program one output from the VCO (or doubler) and the second from the channel divider. When not being used, each output can be muted separately.
Device Information (1)
|PART NUMBER||DESCRIPTION||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|WQFN (40)||6.00 mm × 6.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
- T = Tape; R = Reel
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback