LMX2595 19-GHz Wideband PLLatinum™ RF Synthesizer With Phase Synchronization and JESD204B Support (Rev. A)
SNAS736A – June2017 – revisedAugust 2017
- 10-MHz to 19-GHz Output Frequency
- –110 dBc/Hz Phase Noise at 100-kHz Offset With 15-GHz Carrier
- 45-fs rms Jitter at 7.5 GHz (100 Hz to 100 MHz)
- Programmable Output Power
- PLL Key Specifications
- Figure of Merit: –236 dBc/Hz
- Normalized 1/f Noise: –129 dBc/Hz
- High Phase Detector Frequency
- 400-MHz Integer Mode
- 300-MHz Fractional Mode
- 32-bit Fractional-N Divider
- Remove Integer Boundary Spurs With Programmable Input Multiplier
- Synchronization of Output Phase Across Multiple Devices
- Support for SYSREF With 9-ps Resolution Programmable Delay
- Frequency Ramp and Chirp Generation Ability for FMCW Applications
- < 20-µs VCO Calibration Speed
- 3.3-V Single Power Supply Operation
- 5G and mm-Wave Wireless Infrastructure
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Phased Array Antennas and Beam Forming
- High-Speed Data Converter Clocking (Supports JESD204B)
The LMX2595 high-performance, wideband synthesizer that can generate any frequency from 10 MHz to 19 GHz. An integrated doubler is used for frequencies above 15 GHz. The high performance PLL with figure of merit of –236 dBc/Hz and high-phase detector frequency can attain very low in-band noise and integrated jitter. The high speed N-divider has no pre-divider, thus significantly reducing the amplitude and number of spurs. There is also a programmable input multiplier to mitigate integer boundary spurs.
The LMX2595 allows users to synchronize the output of multiple devices and also enables applications that need deterministic delay between input and output. A frequency ramp generator can synthesize up to 2 segments of ramp in an automatic ramp generation option or a manual option for maximum flexibility. The fast calibration algorithm allows changing frequencies faster than 20 µs. The LMX2595 adds support for generating or repeating SYSREF (compliant to JESD204B standard) making it an ideal low-noise clock source for high-speed data converters. Fine delay adjustment (9-ps resolution) is provided in this configuration to account for delay differences of board traces.
The output drivers within LMX2595 deliver output power as high as 7 dBm at 15-GHz carrier frequency. The device runs from a single 3.3-V supply and has integrated LDOs that eliminate the need for on-board low noise LDOs.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|LMX2595||VQFN (40)||6.00 mm × 6.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback