ONET2804TLP Low-Power, 28-Gbps, 4-Channel Limiting TIA
SBAS796 – July2017
- 4-Channel Multi-Rate Operation: Up to 28 Gbps
- Dissipation at a 3-V Supply: 90 mW per Channel
- Differential Transimpedance: 7.5 kΩ
- Bandwidth: 17.5 GHz
- Input-Referred Noise: 2 μArms
- Input Overload Current: 3.2 mAPP
- Programmable Output Voltage
- Adjustable Gain and Bandwidth
- Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) for Each Channel
- Isolation Between Channels (Die Only): 40 dB
- Single Supply: 2.8 V to 3.3 V
- Pad Control or 2-Wire Control
- On-Chip Filter Capacitors
- –40°C to +100°C Operation
- Die Size: 3250 μm × 1450 μm, 750-μm Channel Pitch
- 100 Gigabit Ethernet Optical Receivers
- ITU OTL4.4
- CFP2, CFP4, and QSFP28 Modules with Internal Retiming
The ONET2804TLP device is a high-gain, limiting transimpedance amplifier (TIA) for parallel optical interconnects with data rates up to 28 Gbps. The device is used in conjunction with a 750-μm pitch photodiode array to convert an optical signal into a differential output voltage. An internal circuit provides the photodiode reverse bias voltage and senses the average photocurrent supplied to each photodiode.
The device can be used with pin control or a two-wire serial interface to allow control of the output amplitude, gain, bandwidth, and input threshold.
The ONET2804TLP provides 17.5-GHz bandwidth, a gain of 7.5 kΩ, an input-referred noise of 2 µArms, and a received signal strength indicator (RSSI) for each channel. 40-dB isolation between channels results in low crosstalk penalty in the receiver.
The device requires a single 2.8-V to 3.3-V supply and typically dissipates 90 mW per channel with a differential output amplitude of 300 mVPP. The device is characterized for operation from –40°C to +100°C and is available in die form with a 750-μm channel pitch.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|ONET2804TLP||Base Die in Waffle Pack||3250 µm × 1450 µm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback