OPA1622 SoundPlus™ High-Fidelity, Bipolar-Input, Audio Operational Amplifier (Rev. B)
SBOS727B – November2015 – revisedMay 2016
- High-Fidelity Sound Quality
- Ultralow Noise: 2.8 nV/√Hz at 1 kHz
- Ultralow Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise:
–119 dB THD+N (142 mW/Ch into 32 Ω/Ch)
- Wide Gain Bandwidth Product:
32 MHz (G = +1000)
- High Slew Rate: 10 V/μs
- High Capacitive-Load Drive Capability: > 600 pF
- High Open-Loop Gain: 136 dB (600-Ω Load)
- Low Quiescent Current: 2.6 mA per Channel
- Low-Power Shutdown Mode With Reduced Pop and Click Noise: 5 μA per Channel
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Wide Supply Range: ±2 V to ±18 V
- Available in small VSON-10 µPackage
- High-Fidelity (HiFi) Headphone Drivers
- Professional Audio Equipment
- Analog and Digital Mixing Consoles
- Audio Test and Measurement
- High-End Blu-ray™ Players
- High-End Audio and Video (A/V) Receivers
The OPA1622, dual, bipolar-input, SoundPlus™ audio operational amplifier achieves a very low,
2.8-nV/√Hz noise density with an ultralow THD+N of –119.2 dB at 1 kHz and drives a 32-Ω load at 100-mW output power. The OPA1622 offers extremely-high ac PSRR and CMRR specifications that eliminate noise from power supplies, making the OPA1622 ideal for use in portable-audio applications. This device also has a high output-drive capability of +145 mA per –130 mA.
The OPA1622 operates over a very wide supply range of ±2 V to ±18 V, on only 2.6 mA of supply current per channel. The OPA1622 op amp is unity-gain stable and provides excellent dynamic behavior over a wide range of load conditions. The OPA1622 includes a shutdown mode, allowing the amplifiers to be switched from normal operation to a standby current that is typically less than 5 µA. This shutdown feature is specifically designed to eliminate click and pop noise when transitioning into or out of shutdown mode.
The OPA1622 features a unique internal layout for lowest crosstalk, and freedom from interactions between channels, even when overdriven or overloaded. This device is specified from –40°C to +125°C.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|OPA1622||VSON (10)||3.00 mm × 3.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the package option addendum at the end of the datasheet.
OPA1622 in a High-Fidelity Headphone Driver Application
FFT: 1 kHz, 32-Ω Load, 50 mW
Copyright© 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback