OPT3001-Q1 Ambient Light Sensor (ALS)
SBOS853 – March2017
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Devices
- Device Temperature Grade 3: –40°C to 85°C Ambient Operating Temperature
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4A
- Precision Optical Filtering to Match Human Eye:
- Rejects > 99% (Typical) of IR
- Automatic Full-Scale Setting Feature Simplifies Software and Ensures Proper Configuration
- Measurements: 0.01 Lux to 83k Lux
- 23-Bit Effective Dynamic Range With
Automatic Gain Ranging
- 12 Binary-Weighted Full-Scale Range Settings:
< 0.2% (Typical) Matching Between Ranges
- Low Operating Current: 1.8 µA (Typical)
- Operating Temperature Range: –40°C to 85°C
- Functional Temperature Range: –40°C to 105°C
- Wide Power-Supply Range: 1.6 V to 3.6 V
- 5.5-V Tolerant I/O
- Flexible Interrupt System
- Small-Form Factor: 2 mm × 2 mm × 0.65 mm
- Automotive Lighting
- Infotainment and Cluster
- Display Backlight Controls
- Lighting Control Systems
- Personal Electronics
- Electronic Point-of-Sale
- Outdoor Traffic and Street Lights
- Home Lighting
Spectral Response: OPT3001-Q1 and the Human Eye
The OPT3001-Q1 device is an optical sensor that measures the intensity of visible light. The spectral response of the sensor tightly matches the photopic response of the human eye and includes significant infrared rejection.
The OPT3001-Q1 device is a single-chip lux meter, measuring the intensity of light as visible by the human eye. The precision spectral response and strong IR rejection of the device enables the OPT3001-Q1 device to accurately meter the intensity of light as seen by the human eye, regardless of light source. The strong IR rejection also aids in maintaining high accuracy when industrial design calls for mounting the sensor under dark glass for aesthetics. The OPT3001-Q1 device is designed for systems that create light-based experiences for humans, and an ideal preferred replacement for photodiodes, photoresistors, or other ambient light sensors with less human eye matching and IR rejection.
Measurements can be made from 0.01 lux up to 83k lux, without manually selecting full-scale ranges, by using the built-in, full-scale setting feature. This capability allows light measurement over a 23-bit effective dynamic range.
The digital operation is flexible for system integration. Measurements can be either continuous or single-shot. The control and interrupt system features autonomous operation, allowing the processor to sleep while the sensor searches for appropriate wake-up events to report through the interrupt pin. The digital output is reported over an I2C- and SMBus-compatible, two-wire serial interface.
The low-power consumption and low-power supply voltage capability of the OPT3001-Q1 device enhance the battery life of battery-powered systems.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|OPT3001-Q1||USON (6)||2.00 mm × 2.00 mm|
- For all available packages, see the package option addendum at the end of the data sheet.
4 Revision History
|March 2017||*||Initial release.|
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback