TDC1011-Q1 Single Channel Ultrasonic Sensing Analog Front End (AFE) for Level Sensing, Concentration Sensing Applications
SNAS670 – July2015
- Automotive AEC-Q100 (TDC1011-Q1)
- Measurement Range: Up to 8 ms
- Operating Current: 1.8 µA (2 SPS)
- Transmitter Channel TX
- Supports Single Transducer Applications
- Programmable Excitation: 31.25 kHz to 4 MHz, Up to 31 Pulses
- Receiver Channel RX
- STOP Cycle-to-Cycle Jitter: 50 psRMS
- Low-Noise and Programmable Gain Amplifiers
- Access to Signal Chain for External Filter Design
- Programmable Threshold Comparator for Echo Qualification
- Programmable Low Power Mode for Long TOF Measurements
- Temperature Measurement
- Interface to Two PT1000/500 RTDs
- RTD-to-RTD Matching Accuracy 0.02°CRMS
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 125°C
- Measurements Through Tanks of Varying Materials:
- Fluid Level
- Fluid Identification / Concentration
The TDC1011 is a fully integrated analog front-end (AFE) for ultrasonic sensing measurements of liquid level, fluid identification/concentration, and proximity/ distance applications common in automotive, industrial, medical, and consumer markets. When paired with an MSP430/C2000 MCU, power, wireless, and source code, TI provides the complete ultrasonic sensing solution.
TI's Ultrasonic AFE offers programmability and flexibility to accommodate a wide-range of applications and end equipment. The TDC1011 can be configured for multiple transmit pulses and frequencies, gain, and signal thresholds for use with a wide-range of transducer frequencies (31.25kHz to 4MHz) and Q-factors. Similarly, the programmability of the receive path allows ultrasonic waves to be detected over a wider range of distances/tank sizes and through various mediums.
Selecting different modes of operation, the TDC1011 can be optimized for low power consumption, making it ideal for battery powered applications. The low noise amplifiers and comparators provide extremely low jitter, enabling picosecond resolution and accuracy.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TDC1011-Q1||TSSOP (PW-28)||9.70 mm × 4.40 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2015, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback