TIOL111 IO-Link Device Transceivers with Integrated Surge Protection (Rev. A)
SLLSEV5A – July2017 – revisedOctober 2017
- 7-V to 36-V Supply Voltage
- PNP, NPN or IO-Link Configurable Output
- IEC 61131-9 COM1, COM2 and COM3 Data Rate Support
- Low Residual Voltage of 1.75 V at 250 mA
- 50-mA to 350-mA Configurable Current Limit
- Tolerant to ±65-V Transients < 100 µs
- Reverse Polarity Protection of up to 55 V on L+, CQ and L-
- Integrated EMC Protection on L+ and CQ
- ±16 kV IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Contact Discharge
- ±4 kV IEC 61000-4-4 Electrical Fast Transient
- ±1.2 kV/500 Ω IEC 61000-4-5 Surge
- Fast Demagnetization of Inductive Loads
up to 1.5 H
- Large Capacitive Load Driving Capability
- < 2-µA CQ Leakage Current
- < 1.5-mA Quiescent Supply Current
- Integrated LDO Options for up to 20 mA Current
- TIOL111: No LDO
- TIOL111-3: 3.3-V LDO
- TIOL111-5: 5-V LDO
- Overtemperature Warning and Thermal Protection
- Remote Wake-up Indicator
- Fault Indicator
- Extended Ambient Temperature: –40°C to 125°C
- 2.5 mm x 3 mm 10-pin VSON Package
- IO-Link Sensors and Actuators
- Factory Automation
- Process Automation
The TIOL111 family of transceivers implements the IO-Link interface for industrial bidirectional, point-to-point communication. When the device is connected to an IO-Link master through a three-wire interface, the master can initiate communication and exchange data with the remote node while the TIOL111 acts as a complete physical layer for the communication.
These devices are capable of withstanding up to 1.2 kV (500 Ω) of IEC 61000-4-5 surge and feature integrated reverse polarity protection.
A simple pin-programmable interface allows easy interfacing to the controller circuits. The output current limit can be configured using an external resistor.
Fault reporting and internal protection functions are provided for under voltage, over current and over temperature conditions.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TIOL111||VSON (10)||2.50 mm x 3.00 mm|
- For all available devices, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Typical Application Diagram
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback