TLV61046A 28-V Output Voltage Boost Converter with Power Diode and Isolation Switch (Rev. A)
SLVSD82A – April2017 – revisedApril 2017
- Input Voltage Range: 1.8 V to 5.5 V, down to 1.6 V after Startup
- Output Voltage Up to 28 V
- Integrated Power Diode and Isolation Switch
- 980-mA (typical) Switch Current
- Up to 85% Efficiency at 3.6-V Input and 12-V Output
- ±2.5% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Power Save Operation Mode at Light Load
- Internal 7-ms Soft Start Time
- True Disconnection between Input and Output during Shutdown
- Output Short Circuit Protection
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- 3-mm × 3-mm SOT23-6 Package
The TLV61046A is a highly integrated boost converter designed for applications such as PMOLED panel, LCD bias supply and sensor module. The TLV61046A integrates a 30-V power switch, an input to output isolation switch, and a rectifier diode. It can output up to 28 V from input of a Li+ battery or two alkaline batteries in series.
The TLV61046A operates with a switching frequency at 1.0 MHz. This allows the use of small external components. The TLV61046A has an internal default 12-V output voltage setting by connecting the FB pin to the VIN pin. Thus it only needs three external components to get 12-V output voltage. The TLV61046A has typical 980-mA switch current limit. It has 7-ms built-in soft start time to reduce the inrush current. When the TLV61046A is in shutdown mode, the isolation switch disconnects the output from input to minimize the leakage current. The TLV61046A also implements output short circuit protection, output over-voltage protection and thermal shutdown.
The TLV61046A is available in a 6-pin 3-mm x 3-mm SOT23-6 package.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TLV61046A||SOT23-6 (6)||2.9 mm x 1.6 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback