TLV7011 and TLV7021 Micro-Package, Micro-Power, Low-Voltage Comparators (Rev. A)
SLVSDM5A – May2017 – revisedJuly 2017
- Ultra-Small X2SON Package (0.8 mm × 0.8 mm × 0.4 mm)
- Wide Supply Voltage Range of 1.6 V to 5.5 V
- Quiescent Supply Current of 5 µA
- Low Propagation Delay of 260 ns
- Rail-to-Rail Common-Mode Input Voltage
- Internal Hysteresis (4 mV)
- Push-Pull and Open-Drain Output Options
- No Phase Reversal for Overdriven Inputs
- –40°C to 125°C Operating Ambient Temperature
- Mobile Phones and Tablets
- Portable and Battery-Powered Devices
- IR Receivers
- Level Translators
- Threshold Detectors and Discriminators
- Window Comparators
- Zero-Crossing Detectors
The TLV7011 and TLV7021 are single-channel, micro-power comparators that feature low-voltage operation with rail-to-rail input capability. These comparators are available in an ultra-small, leadless package measuring 0.8 mm × 0.8 mm, making them applicable for space-critical designs like smartphones and other portable or battery-powered applications.
The TLV7011 and TLV7021 offer an excellent speed-to-power combination with a propagation delay of 300 ns and a quiescent supply current of 5 μA. This combination of fast response time at micropower enables power conscious systems to monitor and respond quickly to fault conditions. With an operating voltage range of 1.6 V to 5.5 V, these comparators are compatible with 3-V and 5-V systems.
These comparators also feature no output phase inversion with overdriven inputs and internal hysteresis. These features make this family of comparators well suited for precision voltage monitoring in harsh, noisy environments where slow-moving input signals must be converted into clean digital outputs.
The TLV7011 has a push-pull output stage capable of sinking and sourcing milliamps of current when controlling an LED or driving a capacitive load. The TLV7021 has an open-drain output stage that can be pulled beyond VCC, making it appropriate for level translators and bipolar to single-ended converters.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE (PINS)||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TLV7011||X2SON (5)||0.80 mm × 0.80 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
X2SON Package vs SC70 and US Dime
Propagation Delay vs. Overdrive (TLV7011)
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback