TMP100-Q1 and TMP101-Q1 Temperature Sensor With I2C and SMBus Interface with Alert Function in SOT-23 Package (Rev. A)
SBOS581A – September2011 – revisedMay 2017
- AEC-Q100 Qualified with the Following Results:
- Temperature Grade 1: −55°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- HBM ESD Component Classification Level 2
- CDM ESD Component Classification Level C5
- Digital Output: SMBus™, Two-Wire, and I2C Interface Compatibility
- Resolution: 9 to 12 Bits, User-Selectable
- ±1°C (Typical) from –55°C to 125°C
- ±2°C (Maximum) from –55°C to 125°C
- Low Quiescent Current: 45-μA, 0.1-μA Standby
- Wide Supply Range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- TMP100-Q1 Features Two Address Pins
- TMP101-Q1 Features One Address Pin and an ALERT Pin
- 6-Pin SOT-23 Package
- Power-Supply Temperature Monitoring
- Battery Management
- Thermostat Controls
- Head Unit
- Body Electronics
The TMP100-Q1 and TMP101-Q1 devices are digital temperature sensors ideal for negative temperature coefficient (NTC) and positive temperature coefficient (PTC) thermistor replacement. The devices offer a typical accuracy of ±1°C without requiring calibration or external component signal conditioning. Device temperature sensors are highly linear and do not require complex calculations or look-up tables to derive the temperature. The on-chip, 12-bit ADC offers resolutions down to 0.0625°C. The devices are available in 6-Pin SOT-23 packages.
The TMP100-Q1 and TMP101-Q1 devices feature SMBus, Two-Wire, and I2C interface compatibility. The TMP100-Q1 device allows up to eight devices on one bus. The TMP101-Q1 device offers an SMBus Alert function with up to three devices per bus.
The TMP100-Q1 and TMP101-Q1 devices are ideal for extended temperature measurement in a variety of communication, computer, consumer, environmental, industrial, and instrumentation applications.
The TMP100-Q1 and TMP101-Q1 devices are specified for operation over a temperature range of −55°C to 125°C.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TMP100-Q1||SOT-23 (6)||2.90 mm × 1.60 mm|
|TMP101-Q1||SOT-23 (6)||2.90 mm × 1.60 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
4 Simplified Schematics
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback