TPS2001D Current Limited, Power-Distribution Switches (Rev. A)
SLVSE25A – July2017 – revisedOctober 2017
- Single Power Switch Family
- Rated Current of 2 A
- ±20% Accurate, Fixed, Constant Current Limit
- Fast Overcurrent Response: 2 µs
- Deglitched Fault Reporting
- Output Discharge
- Reverse Current Blocking
- Built-In Soft Start
- Ambient Temperature Range: –40°C to 85°C
- UL Listed and CB-File No. E169910
- USB Ports and Hubs, Laptops, and Desktops
- High-Definition Digital TVs
- Set-Top Boxes
- Short-Circuit Protection
The TPS2001D power-distribution switch is intended for applications where heavy capacitive loads and short circuits are likely to be encountered, such as USB.
The TPS2001D limits the output current to a safe level by operating in a constant-current mode when the output load exceeds the current limit threshold. This provides a predictable fault current under all conditions. The fast overload response time eases the burden on the main 5-V supply to provide regulated power when the output is shorted. The power-switch rise and fall times are controlled to minimize current surges during turnon and turnoff.
|PART NUMBER||PACKAGE||BODY SIZE (NOM)|
|TPS2001D||VSSOP (8)||3.00 mm × 3.00 mm|
|SOT-23 (5)||2.90 mm × 1.60 mm|
- For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.
Typical Application Diagram
Copyright© 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated. An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications, intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers.Submit Documentation Feedback